Guitar Of The Month For July

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd of June then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

If Possible Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name as well :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

I would like to enter the guitar of the Month contest. This is my first homebuilt guitar. It is an original design - which is the result of my interpretation of a cross between a strat and a les paul. The Neck is a Maple/Oak/Maple Laminate, ebony fingerboard, Primavera body, maple top. Top is dyed with analine dye, back was sprayed with Mohawk dark red mahogany toner aerosol, then clearcoated with Mohawk nitro areosol, wetsanded and buffed. The pickups are overwound Golden Age humbuckers from Stewart Macdonald. Gotoh Bridge, Ping tuners. Gold fretwire. For more information on the build, check out my website (the Guitar Build Link) at http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/awilcox/

Building this guitar was a learning experience for me, and I used this website as a source for learning every step of the way. Now, hopefully I will be able to contribute back with some of the things I learned along the way.

Thanks

Andrew Wilcox

DSC03379.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03372.jpg

Edited by awilcox

Hey Everyone out there in PG Land!

I'd like to submit the Dr Seuss Tribute, 8-string bass for GOTM consideration.

This guitar has been on PG for quite some time and the great members of this forum have really helped me decide where to take this beast. Sometime back in the early phases of this project, someone mentioned how "Seussical" the headstock looked. Now I've always been a big Dr Seuss fan so when that got in my head I decided to go for it. I went and hand-painted a "Cat In The Hat" emblem at the 12th fret and then made a very "Suessical" truss-rod cover that resembles something like a Trufula tree.

Electronics: All passive pickups with a Seymour Duncan bass-tone pre-amp. It features a set of Seymour Duncan P-bass pickups in the neck and a standard neck pickup. The pre-amp has a blend knob, volume knob, and then a stacked set with bass/treb on the bottom and top (respectively). The volume knob actually has a pull on it to switch over to "slap" contoured EQ.

Hardware: The tuners are all Gotoh and basically it is a set of 4 bass tuners and 4 guitar tuners. It's got a Gotoh 8-string bridge (not much selection for these bridges).

Woods: The lightest colored wood is Ash and the rest is Mahogany. There is also a single piece of maple sandwiched in the neck to make it good and sturdy.

Hope you guys like it. As always Rock On!

drseussbasscollage640xyr7.jpg

drseussbassbodyfrontpgppn4.jpg

drseussbassbodyfront34nt0.jpg

drseussbassheadstockfrovn0.jpg

I speak for the trees for the trees have no voice - the Lorax

Vote For Me - Yipee!

This is my very first guitar build ever i made this guitar for my high school english project......so i call it (My English Project)clever i know

The body is poplar that was originaly a shelf in my grandpas barn we worked on this together untill he had a heart attack and was put into the hospital...i finished the guitar with standard strat pickups and hardware..

In the end of the project my research had to in some way bennefit the community so i held a charity concert and raffled away the guitar to raise money for the Matt Maupin Foundation and the Yellow Ribbion Support Center... The guitar raised 1700 dollars and I got the highest grade on my project a student has ever recived....

[img=http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z224/ferdinand_oconner/more019.jpg]

[img=http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z224/ferdinand_oconner/g1.jpg]

[img=http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z224/ferdinand_oconner/more022.jpg]

[img=http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z224/ferdinand_oconner/CIMG0643.jpg]

Edited by Ferdinand_Oconner

Heres the bass i just finished, lets call it the Esteban since thats the name of the band it will belong to;

Neck is walnut, wenge and birdseye maple. fretboard is acrylised birdseye maple with pearwood and walnut fretlines.

Body is swamp ash and walnut with black accent lines.

Pickup is a bartolini soapbar. preamp is 3-band aguilar wired for 18v.

34" scale with hipshot bridge and gotoh tuners.

Enjoy!!

f3.jpg

b2.jpg

fr1.jpg

bf5.jpg

Build thread:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...t=0&start=0

Well here I go again I am so thrilled with this guitar. It is the first of this design and I spent a long time getting this thing just right. It was all paid for even before it was completed. It went to music store owner in Perry Iowa(Steve Parnel). It was delivered the same night that Michael Angelo Gave a clinic at Blue Rock Guitars & More. What a great night. It is named the Genesis, and the thing sounds awesome. I had been planing to use a L.R.Baggs T-Bridge for my own guitar, and when Steve said he wanted a guitar he could play both as an electric and acoustic. I told him I've got he bridge for you. Man does it sound good combined with the control-X preamp the thing screams. You can blend the magnetic and piezo together to create some great tones. I love this wood it is alive with color and changes dramatically when moved around. Well enough of that, here are the specs and pics.

Genesis Specs

9 piece curly maple/walnut/cherry/walnut,stripes

Waterfall Bubinga cap on headstock

Ebony fingerboard bound with curly maple, ebony

13 degree headstock angle

25 1/2" scale fingerboard

12" radius neck

RSG logo inlay at 12th fret

Abalone side dot markers

Jumbo frets

Bone nut

Sperzel standard tuners/ Satin Chrome

Dual action truss rod

Carbon fiber reinforcing rods in neck

Chrome Neck Mounting Ferrules

/With stainless steel screws

Tung oil finish on neck

Cherry body Chambered 1 1/4" deep

2" overall body thickness

Waterfall Bubinga cap with curly mpl. stripe

JB Seymour Duncan in the bridge/with chrome PU ring

L.R. Baggs T-Bridge/ Chrome(high-output piezo pickup)

L.R. Baggs Control-X Preamp

String through body design/ Chrome

Shielded electronics cavity

1 Volume, 1 Blend to blend

Chrome Metal dome knobs

Three way selector switch/ Chrome

10-46 gauge strings

100% Handcrafted in the USA

gen_body_angle_java.jpg

gen_neck_tobody_trans.jpg

gen_angled.jpg

gen_chambering.jpg

Pic #5

Pic #6

Pic #7

More pics here

her are Steve's words on the guitar

WOW!! THIS THING IS INCREDIBLE!!!

I took possession of my new Rocksmith Genesis on Friday May 11 ... and gigged it twice over the weekend. Where do i start???

I guess the best place to start is with the neck. Mike had full and free rein to give me a fast, yet substantial neck. As I have been primarily an acoustic player for 38 years, I wanted to be able to play this guitar as a stage acoustic and be comfortable doing so. I own over 30 guitars, acoustic and electric, and have yet to find the perfect neck ... until this one. This neck is definitely faster than me!

Another unique thing about my Genesis is the versatility of sounds. The best of both worlds, you might say. We chose a Seymour Duncan JB as passive pickup and added the LR Baggs acoustic bridge. Combined with the chambering (1.25 inches deep), the piezo bridge gives me an incredibly clean acoustic sound, suitable for finger picking or rhythm playing. The JB gives me what I need for electric rhythm or for lead riffs ... and this guitar allows me to change from acoustic to electric (or even a blend of the two) with just the flip of a switch.

The craftsmanship on my Rocksmith is flawless. The book-matched bubinga top is perfectly matched ... so much so that it is impossible to even see the seam. All the joints are smooth and tight. And the neck to body transition ... WOW! You can reach the 24th fret without even opening up your hand. The first time I sat down with this guitar, I could not put it down for over 2 hours ... it really IS that good! Plus, the finish is deep and rich ... I can't wait to see how it ages over time.

As a guitar store owner, I see hundreds of guitars each year ... imported and domestic. My Rocksmith will stand up against the finest USA guitars I've seen and played with no problem at all. And its comparably priced with machine-made USA's. Why not get what you REALLY want ... a hand-built, high-quality, USA made Rocksmith??

Steve Parnell

Blue Rock Guitars

Looks like some stiff competition everyones guitars look awesome good luck to all

Mike :D

Guess it's my turn. This is my second build. I had so much fun with the first, and learned so much I just had to give it another go! I started out wanting to do something with organic and real life colors. Larry picked some great woods for me and said it looked like a Desert Sunrise, then my brother sent me of a beautiful picture of a Sunrise in the Arizona desert....and this bass was born. The 36" scale is awesome, it really creates more responsiveness due to tighter string tension (at least that's my opinion) So here it is......

Desert Sunrise 4 string bass!

36" Scale (I'm 6'7"), 24 frets

Neck Woods: Bloodwood, Pauduk, Ebony

Body Core: Canary Wood

Body Accents: Flame Myrtlewood

Body Top / Finger board: Goncalo Alves

Electronics:

Pickups: 2 Nordstrand Dual Coils

Pre-amp: Aguilar Odp-3, active 3 band......Volume, Blend, Bass, Mid, Treble, Mid select switch, Active/Passive switch.

Build Thread

dougtopshot1final.jpg

dougfullshotangle1final.jpg

dougbackshot1final.jpg

dougneckheel1final.jpg

Headstock Top (Canarywood)

Back of headstock

Canarywood grain, side shot

Edited by DigthemLows

Well... here's my first GOTM entry

Specs:

Woods:

Ash Body finished in nitro.

Flatsawn maple neck, scarfjointed headstock at 14 degrees.

25,5" scale Ebony fretboard

Hardware:

Licensed Floyd Rose tremolo

Wilkinson EZ-lock tuners

beveled plastic knobs

Hot rod truss rod

Electronics:

Neck: Gfs Lil killer

Bridge: PAF style humbucker

Two push/pull knobs for splitting coils, and selecting north/south coil.

3-way selector switch neck/both/brigde

Missing cavity covers in the pics...

rdgitarr4.jpg

rdgitarr2.jpg

rdgitarr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I call this the "Ocean guitar".

It's made of dark Oak for the body and Cristobal for the neck and fretboard.

It's 25.5", two hambuckers with a fet preamp which gives an incredible sound.

1 volume, 1 tone, 1 preamp gain pot, 3 way switch, active/passive switch.

No trem bridge.

Hope you like it.

p_PIC02128.jpg

p_PIC02129.jpg

p_PIC02138.jpg

p_PIC02140.jpg

Here you can see all the pictures

Here you can hear it

Here you can see a set of pictures that shows the first prototype I built.

Prototype

VC-Guitars web site

Edited by jvillavicencio