Spoke Shaves

daveq

I have two spoke shaves that both chatter so much that I can't find a use for them. At first, I thought maybe there was something wrong with the first one I had. I bought another one thinking that a sharper blade,... would help produce better results.

No matter what I do with the blade height, and how I hold it, the damn thing chatters like a S.O.B. ! Could it be the brand/model (they are both the same) or is there something else I can try to get them to work better for me?

I know how I'm supposed to hold it, and I think I know how to set the blade (I've tried just about every position), but if any of you think you can help solve this one, please let me know.

Dave

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Are you using a flat or curved bottom? Curved ones are tricky. Also, I got mine @ home depot. Its blue & is Record brand. Mine is flat & works fine

I think it's just dull and it may not be the best designed piece of crap either. I've looked at those blue Record spokshaves, and the handles look like they are in a much better position than mine (mine are higher up). I'll see if I can find one of those.

Thanks.