Massive Pickup Auction On Ebay (various Other Things Too)

Hey all. This is Bryan, assistant luthier at Curbow String Instruments. We're currently doing some (belated) spring cleaning and have decided to list a large amount of items on ebay.

We dug through our pickup drawers and pulled out a ton of unused and slightly used Bartolini's, EMGs, Fralin's, SDs, Gibsons (the list goes on...) and some select vintage pieces - including three seperate Bill Lawrence designs. There are 3 EMG preamp/EQ harnesses listed as well.

We've also snagged a few old necks from around the shop and an Alvarez Yairi acoustic guitar top that should be of interest to any guitar builders / tinkerers in the crowd.

None of our listings have reserves and everything has been given an extremely low starting price. Most of the pickups listed are worth around 5x the starting prices. Shipping is cheap and we are very willing to pack multiple items together to save on the ultimate shipping costs for winning bidders. Every item has at least 1 high quality photo and their condition is described in addition to being plainly visible.

There are a few -very- nice guitar pickups, but the majority are bass pickups.

I posted a little late, and as of now there are about 4 days and 18 hours left on the auctions. Here's the link and a simple text list of the items and their starting prices. Thanks and enjoy. =]

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...e=DB:OtherItems

* Vintage Bill Lawrence guitar pups *

-----------------------------------

Bill Lawrence (aka Willi Lorenz Stich) L500 Lead pup - $24.99

Bill Lawrence (aka Willi Lorenz Stich) L-90 vintage pup - $24.99

Ultrasonic Reference Series REF SIX (Bill Lawrence pup) - $24.99

* Guitar pups *

------------------

Bartolini V88 C humbucking guitar pickup - $24.99

Bartolini ZBS – 60 (white) humbucking guitar pickup - $49.99

Bartolini 3S (north polarity) guitar pickup - $24.99

Bartolini 3XV vertical humcancelling guitar pickup - $24.99

Bartolini 3XV vertical humcancelling guitar pickup - $24.99

Gibson Dirty Fingers humbuckers from 1981 - $24.99

* Bass pups *

----------------

Bartolini Curbow (custom) M3 5TX bass pickup - $24.99

Bartolini Curbow (custom) M3 5TX bass pickup - $24.99

Bartolini GBC-T humbucker (guild bass replacement) - $24.99

Bartolini I4C–B bass pickup - $24.99

Bartolini M3 5C–B bass pickup - $24.99

EMG 40HZ bass pickup (new, sealed) - $24.99

EMG J 5 string set (SJ5 & LJ5) bass pickups - $24.99

EMG JV set (LJV & SJV) bass pickups - $49.99

EMG SJ jazz style bass pickup - $0.25

Lindy Fralin handmade 5 string jazz bass pickup set - $49.99

Seymour Duncan “Active EQ” (with dip switches) jazz set - $49.99

* Cheap / import bass pups *

-----------------------------------

Bartolini AMK1-4-F bass pickup (korean made) - $4.99

Bartolini AMK1-4-F bass pickup (korean made) - $9.99

Bartolini AMK1-5-F bass pickup (korean made) - $9.99

Ibanez ADX6 6 string soapbar bass pickup - $4.99

Mighty Mite DXH1(F) soapbar bass pickup - $0.99

Mighty Mite DXH1(F) soapbar bass pickup - $0.99

Tune Guitar Technology jazz style bass pickup - $0.99

Tune Guitar Technology P config split coil bass pickup - $0.99

* Bass preamp/EQ harnesses with pots / knobs / batter clip (pre wired) *

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMG BQ-A 3 band EQ / Preamp with sweepable mid + blend - $49.99

* Necks and Alvarez Yairi acoustic guitar top *

-----------------------------------------------------

1960's Gibson 12 string neck - $1.00

Bass Neck 30 5/8" scale (unknown manufacturer) - $5.00

Classical Guitar necks (pair) with fretted fingerboards - $10.00

Epiphone Guitar Neck - $10.00

Squier Bullet Neck by Fender - $5.00

Squier Stratocastor Neck by Fender - $5.00

Alvarez Yairi spruce replacement acoustic guitar top - $10.00

Would you ship to the UK?

I'm sorry but we've decided not to deal with the hassle of shipping overseas. We're not particularly focused on the money-making aspect of selling these items... more just getting rid of them quickly and efficiently to clear space. I apologize for that inconvenience.

We WILL, however, ship to Canada for anybody else interested.

I sent a message via eBay asking about Shipping to Canada plus one other question. I'll re-post here in case they've gotten lost in the shuffle:

- How much to ship to Canada for, say, a 5-string soapbar bass pickup?

- I wasn't sure how the offshore Bartolini "active" pickups were supplied with power-- I only saw 2 conductors in the photos. Are there instructions or suchlike?

I'm sorry but we've decided not to deal with the hassle of shipping overseas. We're not particularly focused on the money-making aspect of selling these items... more just getting rid of them quickly and efficiently to clear space. I apologize for that inconvenience.

Oh okay - are you fine with shipping to a friend in the US who can forward them through to me? :D

I sent a message via eBay asking about Shipping to Canada plus one other question. I'll re-post here in case they've gotten lost in the shuffle:

- How much to ship to Canada for, say, a 5-string soapbar bass pickup?

- I wasn't sure how the offshore Bartolini "active" pickups were supplied with power-- I only saw 2 conductors in the photos. Are there instructions or suchlike?

Hiya GregP. I swear I answered the question on ebay but for some reason the question/answer doesn't seem to exist anymore! =[

Anyhow, we are trying as much as possible to use United States Postal Service prepaid envelopes or boxes. They're quick and hassle free for us. Envelope to Canada is about $9 dollars and a box is about $23. If you have a faster, cheaper or generally better method then I'm all ears.

As per the actives Barto's, there is indeed a foil shield around the entire cable (it was just nipped very short and more or less invisible in the picture). Thus you have a shield/ground, signal (white wire) and power (red wire).

Hope that helps. =]

-bryan

Oh okay - are you fine with shipping to a friend in the US who can forward them through to me? :D

=] I can certainly do that for you. I'm really sorry that we can't ship it direct to you... I've seen you around the board and have read some of your threads with great interest.

We've just had a myriad of problems and headaches shipping overseas in the past... and as I said, we're really just trying to get rid of things as fast as possible. Its already not really profitable considering the time I'm having to spend answering questions instead of building basses... but its about clearing out space and shifting the feng shui so its worth it.

I hope you understand.

-bryan

=] I can certainly do that for you. I'm really sorry that we can't ship it direct to you... I've seen you around the board and have read some of your threads with great interest.

We've just had a myriad of problems and headaches shipping overseas in the past... and as I said, we're really just trying to get rid of things as fast as possible. Its already not really profitable considering the time I'm having to spend answering questions instead of building basses... but its about clearing out space and shifting the feng shui so its worth it.

I hope you understand.

-bryan

Entirely understandable Bryan! I've had nightmares in the past myself with receiving things from the US, and chasing unresponsive/plain annoying postal services trying to get your item located (in one piece) is more wasteful in time and money than most things in life.

Catch you on the other side of the auction(s) Bryan :-D