My Seven String Acoustic

As not everyone ventures into the acoustic section I thought I'd post a pic up here too.

The guitar's had it's first string up today and I'm really happy with it - sounds great :D

The tuner buttons are miss-matched as some of the ebony ones were slipping, will be sorted soon.

01.jpg

That is by far the best application of fanned frets, seven strings and acoustic-ness I have seen yet. A very good blend of traditional and contemporary stylings - how does the bass-side of the instrument project compared to the treble-side? My wife would go ape over this beauty!

Very cool! I am glad to hear it is sounding good. Keep us updated on how it sounds as the top breaks in. Looking at the bridge position and orientation. I wonder if ther may be a some room for refinement of the size and shape of the box to get even more out of a design like this :D:DB) . You definately may just have your signature design shaping up! I am sure you are going to grab some attension with it :D , and get some commisions rolling in. Good for you B) !

Peace,Rich

Are those schaller tuners? I had the same issue with the ebony knobs slipping. All you have to do is glue in the little metal piece that is on the knob. It doesn't have enough grip on the ebony and lets go rather easily. A drop of superglue will fix it right up.

I need to do me a fanned fret some time. They look so stinking cool!

Thanks everyone :D

I'm so happy with the way the guitar's turned out, and I can't wait to see it under finish.

Projection and balance are great, if I can work out how to play it properly I should be fine :D The fanned frets feel good too, very intuitive.

• 4 weeks later...