2nd Finally Started

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I had the grover full size tuners on, but because the guitar is so light with the tuners weighing in at 280 grams each they made it very neck heavy. So I had to order a set of schaller mini tuners that are 170 grams each. That makes it balance perfectly. I ordered a piezo/mic blender system from K&K pickups. Should be here tuesday.

Daniel,

I was just reading this and it occured to me that my braced soundboards don't weigh 280 grams. You must mean that the set of tuners weigh in at 280 and 170 grams? I have been using inexpensive Grover open backs (stay tites) for most of mine (at around $40 they are pretty good little tuners), and weigh in at around 160grams a set.-link

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, amazingly well done! I don't know what words to use to describe it, maybe earthy?? Very natural looking and just beautiful. Nice work, I really dig everything about it. I also gotta ask if you have a really nice camera?? Those pics are crisp as a they come, it makes me wanna go out and get a nice camera, I told myself when I was finished I would so I could have nice pics of the finished product. Something I that stuck out in my mind though it was the most minute detail, was the little flair on the bridge on edges. Instead of flat it kinda points out a bit and that really looked appealing to me, its something I would want to try, just slightly more exaggerated. Yours came out perfect anymore would take away from the overall look I think. Well, very nice stuff and best of luck. J

Which lens, if I may ask?

Canon makes some might fine DSLRs; I'm still happily using my 350D with a cheapie 50mm prime (good, though; old one with a metal mount), a 105mm prime macro (Sigma, still the sharpest lens I have) and an f4 wide angle zoom (17-40L), which is my favourite all-rounder.

And I've said it before, but I'll say it again: very, very nice indeed.

I don't look in the acoustic section that often...but I'm glad I did now! That is one of the most beautiful acoustics I've ever seen. There is nothing too gaudy about it, it is simple and elegant. I love it. :D

I know that you built several electric guitars before starting on acoustics. After making both kinds now, which do you prefer doing? Also, how hard is it to build an acoustic? There seems to be a lot of special jigs you need to make. I have been craving a nice acoustic lately, but they look much more difficult to make than electrics.

Personally I like building acoustics more because there is more hand tools and the end result is so impressive.

I don't really think it is that much harder to building an electric. If you have all the right jigs it will make your life much easier. But if you try to build it without any jigs than yeah it's very hard.