Guitar Of The Month For July

Guitar of the month for July  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well it was out of either digthemlows and WezV

Same, but in the end I went for digthemlows, with Wes a close second. They were all nice guitars this month.

I think my favorites are WezV and awilcox. I decided to go with WezV's bass. Maple and walnut are my two favorite woods and he did an excellent job with them.

awilcox did fantastic for a first build, but I didn't particularly like the design all that much.

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy

awilcox - Man what a beautiful job for a first guitar, beautiful for a 100th guitar!

Pibrocher - What a great theme, and a skilled build!

Ferdinand_Oconner - What a great story, a good first build and a English Project I wish I could have been able to do. I hope your Grandfather is well

WezV - That is a killer F-ing bass! Great job! I love that bass.......

rsguitar - Great original shape, cool semi-hollow design, and that top is gorgeous! Good job

aidlook - Cool guitar, great to see original looking stuff. I bet it sounds killer.

Went with awilcoxs guitar. Not only was it my cup of tea, it was an amazing looking first build, with many details that are seen in much more experienced builds. Great stuff man, can't wait to see the next one. To be fair I thought all of them were great and would love to have any of them as a guitar. excellent stuff guys thanks for sharing. J

awilcox - very nice, very pristine and it wouldnt look out of place in a shop amongst the PRS's and gibsons

Pibrocher - Like i said in the thread, i didnt expect this idea to work out very well but it really did. I am not keen on some elements of the design but its all very well executed.

Ferdinand_Oconner - not sure about the shape but that finish is excellent. Kudos for the charity thing as well.

WezV - what a bloody mess!!! certainly not worthy of GOTM :D

rsguitar - at first i didnt like it, but its definately growing on me. The top is killer and everything looks very well done.

Digthemlows- i wasnt sure about the wood combo on this at first - but its all come togther nicely and its very impressive. I dont really like the look of the unradiused fretboard

aidlook - nice modern shape, nice simple wood choices - where are the bloody backplates!!

jvillavicencio - it looks well built but the shape does nothing for me. I like most of it but it looks like the part where you rest your forearm has melted and i dont think it fits with the design of the rest of the guitar.

I have to say that all the projects this month are awesome each with their own merits. The designs the woods the finishes and the overall composition of the guitars was quite divers. To me thats how we express our art of lutherie. If we all built the same or similar designs how boring would that be. This is truly a great place for the guitar/luther enthusiast. I hope to see more projects in the future from all of you nice job and well done everyone.

Mike :D