Project Guitar, stolen info on eBay

buts he's also ripping off other sites and doesn't want to stop. have u read his feedback?????

if anyones says anything bad he's like..."well you can't please everybody" so that is why we need to put a stop to him.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to BetterBytes!

We are glad you stopped by! Thanks for taking the time to get to know us a little better. BetterBytes specializes in quality information training at the lowest possible prices! We have empowered customers with the information they need for over 8 years now, and have no intention of stopping!

Take a look at our feedback. But do note the malicious nature of our competitors. They have stopped at nothing to ruin our good name! You can tell this type of feedback when a person has a negative or low feedback rating. Our competitors will make false accounts and bid without even paying just to leave bad feedback.

:D

buts he's also ripping off other sites and doesn't want to stop.  have u read his feedback?????

if anyones says anything bad he's like..."well you can't please everybody"  so that is why we need to put a stop to him.

yeah

and you've already brought it to their attention.

Let them fight that battle.

And like I said,

If people don't read the feedback, and visit the site..

the deserved to be ripped off. Whethor or not he says "can't please everyone". The site would still be in his feedback. And will be there for quiet awhile.

I'm going through reams of paper from the US copyright office, and talking to a lawyer. I was happy to hear the words "potential litigation". They're all sharks. Gotta love that. :D

is mike, the bass builder, on this forum? i'm going to email him just to let him know about whats going on.

Go for it. The more the merrier. If he's on eBay he'll probably need to go the Vero route first, and complain to try and get the auctions removed.

Ya think eBay will get the idea that this guy is not legit if all the guitar owners on that auction complain?!

(copied and pasted)

And apparently the con artist's name and address are on his domain

registration. Wonder if they're legitimate? I don't know. There's a Kench

Byers who's a 23-year-old volunteer part-time youth pastor at the Sugar Hill

United Methodist Church in Suwanee, CA at Phone #: (770) 945-2845, Pager #:

770-917-6168 who uses skenchy@bellsouth.net as his email address. Buford and

Sugar Hill are all within a 10-mile radius. Hmm.

Here's the eBay auctioner's email sig (return addy:

service@betterbytes.net )...

didn't GEdwardJones say that he lives near this guy?

He should go pay him a visit *if you kow what i mean*

As much as I appreciate you volunteering me for violence, I'm too pretty for prison. I think this should be handled nice and legal like.

yeah,how well is beating the guy up going to work anyway...legal solutions last longer and are much more painful.

Jeez, I so can't wait until you have that guy dangling from his balls legally. I just read his ratings and his comments and that guy is simply gross...somebody complained that his product was rubbish and the response was "you sell the same thing, I smell foul play, eBay scum"...YOU SMELL FOULPLAY???? YOU'RE GONNA SMELL THE BREATH OF PRISON PIMP "BUBBA" FOR A COUPLE, A$$WIP3...some people just have no sense of modesty whatsoever. I'm so pissed, and I'm not even one of the persons whose work gets ripped off, so I can only come to think that Jehle's meditation techniques beat mine since he keeps the cool in his postings all the time. You have my respect bro, how do they say, revenge is best when served cold :D

so long

ace

Yeah, Mike is a member of this forum, I’m he. I just got an email about this. I emailed the clown but I’ve come to this thread to see what my options are. It seems that I may have no real legal protection for my images but it just irks my butt that this guy is implying that my bass was made using his bogus instruction.

I will follow all the correct channels and options available to me before I jump on my hog and blast up to Georgia. I believe they use Lester Maddox’s signature axe handles to deal with this kind of problem up there, that’s showing my age not my acceptance of bigotry.

Mike

I think it comes from learning a lesson through a bitter divorce. There comes a point where emotions are no longer the issue, it's just business.

Sure, I was really pissed at this guy for what he's doing at first. But, that's all passed now. This is business. Is it going to cost me money? Yeah, but it's all a tax deduction. Is it going to cost him money? You bet. I'm going to sue him out of business. Why? For the simpe and convenient happenstance that the particular song he posted of mine was released on a CD eariler this year. Iron clad, it's copyright protected and he is in clear violation of copyright laws. The rest is details.

The wheels of justice might turn a little slowly, but what comes around goes around. The more he sells, the deeper he digs his own grave (so to speak). Going after his profits is all part of the litigation. And that, will feed back into ProjectGutiar. I may be a capitalist pig for sueing my way to success, but the liberal in me demands that I give it back to the community (here) to set things right.

On a related tangent, I need to listen to Les Miserables today. I'll need to start waving that big red flag and singing. "Do you hear the people sing..." :D

Where in the world have I been that I've totally missed this topic?!

None of my work is included [as I have yet to do any work] but I wish you luck, Jehle and everyone else. That guy is the lowest of the low. Besides the ProjectGuitar stuff and the skateboard ramp stuff, he also sells "educational CD-ROMs" which, from what I can gather from his feedback, are nothing but screenshots of whatever program.

Maybe we could get Microsoft to bring some heat down. :D

Some miscellaneous information I've just gathered:

The "email the bidders and tell them it's a rip off" plan won't work. His guitar auctions are private, so you can't see the bidders' email addresses. Clever, but shady and utterly dishonest. There's no valid reason for those auctions to be private, other than the fact that he knows he's doing something wrong.

Also, check out this page: http://betterbytes.net/internetlistings.htm

Scroll down to the "miscellaneous library set." He's selling the Lord of the Rings trilogy and 47 books by Stephen King. That's a copyright violation for sure - unless this guy is an authorized bookseller .. which, you know, is likely given his honest and upstanding nature. :D

Ah, I finally got his attention.

In addition to this happy news, I did a who is search on "betterbytes.net" and found that he registered the domain with twocows.com (tucows.com). Given the fact that this guy is selling stollen goods, that may be grounds for having his website closed down.

:D

Here's the info from www.networksolutions.com:

Domain Name: BETTERBYTES.NET

Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.

Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net

Referral URL: http://www.opensrs.org

Name Server: NS6.READYHOSTING.COM

Name Server: NS5.READYHOSTING.COM

Updated Date: 15-nov-2002

Creation Date: 13-nov-2001

Expiration Date: 13-nov-2003

---------------------------------

I didn't see where it was copyrighted but if you say it is then I will

remove it and all related information from my auction. I'm very sorry

for the inconvenience I may have caused. If you are really interested

in sharing your knowledge with people you might want to offer it on ebay

at cost. Just a thought.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 9:24 PM

To: service@betterbytes.net

Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2568996933

Kench Byers,

Despite my many complaints, you continue to offer a CD containing

information and photos on the the Planarian Telecaster and the copyright

recording Vegetarian_Planarian.mp3 also featured in your auction.

You are in violation of copyright laws because you have used the image

of the guitar and the MP3 without my consent for your financial gain.

I, and many other users from ProjectGuitar.com, are signing up with

eBays Vero program. Any existing and future auctions will be terminated

with the help of eBay's Vero program.

I have already contacted my lawer about your copyright infringement of

my property. If you do not stop selling this CD, I will open litigation

on you and your company.

Sincerely,

Bill Jehle

--------------------

Question from: jehle_hiwaay_net

Title of item: How to Build Les Paul Strat Tele Bass Guitar!

Seller: betterbytes

Starts: Oct-29-03 09:57:33 PST

Ends: Nov-05-03 09:57:33 PST

Price: Currently $4.95

To view the item, go to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2568996933

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at

http://www.ebay.com

Edited by Jehle