Guitar Of The Month For August

Guitar of the month for August  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what, most votes ever for the least entries - probably not going to happen!

I was going to enter one this month but just missed the deadline. oh well, maybe next month when there will no doubt be 20 other entries!!

Mickguard: you have captured the essence of an era whilst still doing something original. Thats a very hard thing to do - it looks like it should be at least 40 years old!! - cant wait to see the next one

killemall8: I really like the look of the mahogany but as you point out - the weight would be an issue!! It all looks very neat. Can take or leave the KL headstock but the maple neck has a dirty look that i find unappealling. I also think that your pictures need to be higher quality if you want to be GOTM - the winners pics go on the front page and are the first thing new people see, we really need something clearer. Also not sure whats going on with the pickups and knobs in your pics. At first i though glare but the pickups look really photoshopped. . . oh , and it has no strap buttons!!

Lee - really nice bass. Some of my favorite woods although gold hardware doesnt really do it for me. I like this a lot.

In the interests of fairness i would like to request a clearer pic for killemall8 before i vote!

Special mention to Mick and his '54. Well done on your build Mickguard.

Killemall8......although I'm a metal-head, this didn't really grab me. Maybe the photo res. let you down a bit.

I'm looking for detail and it's hard to see with your pics, I'm sorry. congrats on the build achievement.

Lee got my vote..........only just, though. Beautiful, simple and uncluttered. Well finished.

I went with the bass! I had to give style points for going headless and for doing an awesome job with the laminate. I sort of liked the limba better than the top that was used but it all went together really well.

I really liked the LP too because I really like the LP junior flat top look but the bass just seemed like it was a step up.

The other Danelectro looking one would likely be cool but the pictures really didn’t show me much to go on. Snap some better pictures and put it back up next month!

I went with the bass! I had to give style points for going headless and for doing an awesome job with the laminate. I sort of liked the limba better than the top that was used but it all went together really well.

I really liked the LP too because I really like the LP junior flat top look but the bass just seemed like it was a step up.

The other Danelectro looking one would likely be cool but the pictures really didn’t show me much to go on. Snap some better pictures and put it back up next month!

actually my les paul isnt a flat top

The LP didn't excite me although it looks well built, I also don't like the headstock personally.

The bass looks georgeous but for some reason it doesn't look right as a headless to me...& the gold, eurgh, sorry but it has to be something very special for me to like gold.

Mick, well what can I say. It's damn ugly but you've made a guitar that has fused several ideas yet still looks like a 60's instrument. The colour, the scratchplate, the pickup, the bridge, the position markers...everything looks great. My only comment is that I think that some silver topped witch-hat knobs might look better on it.

Well done all of you, my vote goes to Mick.

I voted for Lee, but it was close. I loved the wood combo and design of Lee's a lot. I guess the biggest reason that I didn't vote for Mick's is because I hate Danelectro's like that. But you really took it to a whole nufa' level, and that is the kind of thing I like to see in a build. Props to ya man!

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy