Tiger Eye Staining Method

dayvo

Hey guys

Ive searched all over for a thread about tiger eye staining that i was sure was here a while back

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards

dayvo

I have never done a tiger eye stain, but I've always thought you first stain the wood dark brown, then sand back the stain so it's only in the deep spots of the figure, then stain over that with whatever shade of amber you want. This could be way off, but that is how I would try it.

Hey guys

Ive searched all over for a thread about tiger eye staining that i was sure was here a while back

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards

dayvo

I have never done a tiger eye stain, but I've always thought you first stain the wood dark brown, then sand back the stain so it's only in the deep spots of the figure, then stain over that with whatever shade of amber you want. This could be way off, but that is how I would try it.

Thanks Marcovis

This is not the one I remember, but it is of help

dayvo

Look through and maybe contact Daniel Sorbera(Godin). Here is one of his old threads-topic. Seems to me he had another topic with either this one or another tiger eye finish that really looked good. Maybe David Myka or Drak could also help out(Drak I believe has taken a few people under his wing on finishing, and they often seems to lead to top notch looking work).

Good Luck,

Rich