Guitar Of The Month For November

Guitar of the Month for November  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

very difficult month yet again.

Hitone - i wasnt sure about this at first. The 'tattooing' isnt something i would normally go for and i wasnt sure the black top worked with the woody shades behind....... But i was wrong!!! Its really grown on me, i love the shape. the black goes very well with the red and brown tones of the rest and whilst i still wouldnt pick that particular design - after watching the video i really appreciate the technique involved in achieving it and it has me thinking about how i could use the technique.

Batfink - i keep changing my mind on this one as well. Is it good looking, is it damn ugly? if i played it would my loose fitting jeans instantly tighten into far too revealing patterned lycra??? Great work yet again... I really i like it - but i know i could never pull off playing it!!!

Jazzclub - some really nice touches on this. I really like the wood combinations and the original features and styling.. But i would solve some of those finishing problems you had around the back.

Rhoads56 - stunning work and the shark sound hole is really cool. not really a fan of the carrie-burst , i think i would have prefered it with more blue shades and less of the yellow/green colouring in the middle.. but thats just carrie-bursts really- never been a fan. great stuff... oh, and nice interview B) strange really - i dont like blue quilted guitars as a rule but here i am saying i want to see that... what has marcovis done to me!!

Sb guitars - any more pictures?? Pretty good for a first but i would need to at least see a pic of the back to comment better. - and trim your strings :D There is a bump in the burst on the bottom edge that draws my attention but i do really like the colours you have chosen - they compliment the shape well.

brian d - nice work!! and thanks for the sound samples - the thing really does sound good. It is a little unconventional for my tastes but thats no bad thing.

Dean - its an interesting design - please build more. I dont like the way the sound holes cut into the darker inlayed section but i like the possibilities of this design and it has some impressive and unusual features for a first build.. I am sure as you build more we will be seeing very refined things from you

Capu - I really like this one of yours. everything looks neat and this is a very classy guitar. Love the simple stripes of abalone, love the understated brown. Love the mixed colours in the hardware, love the heel. I hate to be so trivial but i think your pictures are a bit too grainy to look good on the front page. You definately make nice guitars but you need to be able to take a better picture to show them off to the world. I know thats a really annoying reason for not voting for it but i tend to think about how it will look on the main page.

so the main contenders for me are Perry, Hitone and batfink.

.... :D:D

... Gotta be rob - its hard to make individual acoustics but yours look great, and i voted for a really quilty Lp style guitar last month. I think i prefered batfinks dangermouse guitar to this gold one - but i was convinced i was gonna vote for it when i saw you enter it

oh, and rob - you are a leaf on the wind!!

When I first saw Batfinks that was it for me ( yeah I am an old 80's guy) but then came along the "shark" and pulled me under. I would come up for a breath of air and had that gold beauty in my eyes and then the shark pulled me under again. It was a constant battle but the damn shark finally won.

Hitone: to be this looked likes lie an incredible build and Stellar acoustic. but the back of the guitar was more interesting to me than the top. I've never been particularly attracted to acoustic guitars but if I had to choose one, I'd choose a Hitone acoustic!

Batfink: The finish is stellar on this one and I'm a sucker for reverse headstocks; even if it is a Kramer cone. The color choices are a real throw back to the 80's and the maple board really sets it off. I'd like to see a version without the bass side cut out. It just makes me think that the neck body joint could be weak.

Jazz club: I have to say that I love the laments and the choice of woods for this build . The one knob set up is definitely different for a two pickup configuration. There are some finish issues on the back and headstock that could be seen and the body seemed a little thick for my personal tastes. However, I really think this is one of the strongest builds in the competition this month.

Rhoads56: I have to agree with WezV. The finish isn't my thing and bluer tones would likely support the shark sound-hole but obviously this is a superb build to say the least. The lengthy review that you included in the post pretty much said it all!

sb guitars: I like the old school 80's BC Rich style two tone burst on this one. I'm not sure if the picture is showing oil on the hard-coat or if the finish is cloudy. Unfortunately with the level of competition I'd need more pictures to really consider this one. I do like the variation on the mockingbird style thought!

Brian d: This one is very unique and if I was looking for a travel guitar it would be tops on my list over the other ones on the market. I liked the choice of wood and the headstock was really cool too.

Dean: This was a real throwback and almost gained my vote but as was said earlier some of the sound holes looked out of place. to me the front of the guitar is really cool and I love how you mounted the control on the pick-guard. I thought that the wood choice for the back was a bit odd with that burl strip added in. To me the color choices didn't flow well but overall, I found this one to be a welcome addition to the usually sterile guitar market.

Capu: This was a really nice build and I have to say that I really like the abalone strip down the center of the guitar. It adds a nice touch. The finish looks excellent and really made the maple top look good. The only thing that struck me was the mixing and matching of the hardware. It all most seemed like you went into the spare parts drawer and picked what you had.

I chose batfinks' guitar because the dude playing it looks too happy. I really like the 80's vibe and when I kept scrolling up and down to see which guitar stood out the most to me, I kept stopping at that one.

All in all, another strong month for the GOTM!