2008 Guitar Builder Calendar

I wanted to invite PG builders to check out the Calendar I put together.

It has many PG builders in it, as well as that sweet "Guitar of The Month" that Wes made.

http://www.guitartree.net/index.php?option...3&Itemid=34

I am Pre Selling them now. They Should be in this week and I will be sending them out.

Not sure if they will get there by Christmas, but should be soon after.

I am donating a portion of the proceeds to VH1 Save the music.

Have a great 2008!

I wanted to invite PG builders to check out the Calendar I put together.

It has many PG builders in it, as well as that sweet "Guitar of The Month" that Wes made.

http://www.guitartree.net/index.php?option...3&Itemid=34

I am Pre Selling them now. They Should be in this week and I will be sending them out.

Not sure if they will get there by Christmas, but should be soon after.

I am donating a portion of the proceeds to VH1 Save the music.

Have a great 2008!

Very nice Rob,we need to get together for lunch soon.

Mike

I just have to figure out what picture I'm going to tape over that ugly guitar in the April section, yuck!

Hah! Your build is one of the most creative takes on solid body building I've seen this year.

That really means a lot, jon. Thank you!

I don't know how much I'll get done this year, but maybe I can take that award home again. I've been dreaming up my next build for the last few months, not having enough ideas to get myself motivated to build, but I'm starting to piece the details together and I'm really getting antsy now. Right now I'm leaning towards an ash body and maple carved top, with black grainfiller and transparent white finish. White perloid binding on the body with one stripe of thin black purfling on the top and side of the pearloid. Rosewood neck with ebony fretboard and binding, with an inlay similar to the one on the guitar in the calendar, except using only thin white purfling, no inlaid hunks of wood. 6 strings (do I build anything else? oh yeah, a 12 once upon a time!) with a trem (not sure which yet, but it will be a strat variation) that I'm going to modify so that you can dive and pull up with it, but never worry about it going out of tune. My design is quite a bit simpler than that trem king thing; I was sort of dissappointed at their approach to that. Anyhow, sustainer, p90, and humbucker, with piezos in the bridge. The two pickups wound by mua. The p90 having standard 10k winds of wire with an AlNiCo 5, and the humbucker slightly overwould with a ceramic magnet. Simple controls on the top of the guitar, probably just vol and pickup selector, with a kill button by the neck and the rest of the controls recessed on the side of the guitar. Those will probably include magnetic and piezo pickup tones, a blend knob that controls the mix of the p90 and humbucker when the 3-way switch is in the middle, a piezo/magnetic blend knob, and the sustainer controls. I'll be using my tank top body style, like usual. nickel hardware, w/ white pickups

Anyhow, I ramble; you can tell I'm excited about it though. :D

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman