Where Find Long 2-w Truss Rods, 700mm Cirrus Type?

Upright electric bass?

geneally the necks are so huge on them they dont even need truss rods... the things wouldnt be able to move that much wood

Depends on type of string and several other factors. I play upright bass and cello and let me tell you that my cello could certainly have used a truss rod as the action gets quite high due to neck flexing from the mediumweight strings I use.

Upright electric bass?

geneally the necks are so huge on them they dont even need truss rods... the things wouldnt be able to move that much wood

Depends on type of string and several other factors. I play upright bass and cello and let me tell you that my cello could certainly have used a truss rod as the action gets quite high due to neck flexing from the mediumweight strings I use.

maybe some other type of reinforcement would come in handy, no arguments there - but you would still be asking too much of a relatively thin metal bar if you wanted it to correct the relief in a upright bass and resist that much string tension.

If somebody was after a truss rod for a upright bass they had better look at doing a bit more than just making it longer!!!

LMI will make you a custom length of any of their truss rods for no extra charge.

Really? U-Rods too?

700mm (27.6") is what is expected for a Cirrus neck.

590mm (23.2") for a Aria pro II CSB.

These lengths are my guess as they don't sell parts or reveal specs.

Not sure. Here's their site...

http://www.lmii.com/

And the truss rod page...

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/Secondproducth...ds%2FNeck+Parts