Lmi Fretboard Shipping Costs To Europe?

Maybe not the right place for this question.

I wonder what LMI takes for Fretboard shipping costs to europe.

I have asked them directly and requested a table for comparison.

But they refer only to placing an order and providing CC info BEFORE you know the shipping cost!! anomalous and imbecilic!

Anyone from europe who have ordered Fretboards from them know what shipping might be expected for various volumes?

I was planning: (All to be slotted/radiused)

1 WFPAUBWX fingerboard, Pau Ferro, 1st grade, 6 string bass $13.60

1 WFC1 fingerboard, Camatillo Rosewood, 1st grade, standard $8.55

1 WF1M fingerboard, Macassar Ebony, 1st grade, standard $13.30

1 WFRBS fingerboard, Madagascar Rosewood, 1st grade, bass $19.95

SubTotal $55.40

+ 3 more FBs

How are their Slotting and radiusing works?

Was looking for a 24-ft 820mm (32.28") bass scale slotting - they couldn't do it.

Edited by Metallion

They can't give you a total until they know everything you're ordering.

You can go to the USPS web site, use their international shipping calculator, that will give you a ballpark figure for your location.

Regardless, it's still going to cost you less than buying any of this in Europe, IF you can find a similar service (seems like most of the European resellers order their stuff from LMII, Stewmac, etc, then mark them up 200% or so).

LMII's slotting and radiusing is fine. I had an issue with the thickness of a fretboard --they offered to replace it.

Jon here offers a custom slotting service --I don't think he does radiusing though. Look through the classifieds section for his ad.

Depends where you are, and how fancy your wishes are, really; I know a few places that do basic fingerboards, preslotted, for fair prices in Europe.

However, LMI is still going to be competitive. Just e-mail them and ask for an estimate shipping cost for whatever you'd like to order, they're great about answering those types of questions.

i'm not sure about the shipping info. but i've ordered all the fingerboards i've ever used from Lmi and they are great... the radius service is good and the slotting is very precise... i usually just sand the board with a fine grit to remove the very small tool marks from the radiusing, which takes no longer than 2 minutes, and it's ready to be cut to size i highly recommend them

I have dealt with LMI as a Supplier and it is a laid back workplace. They do ship FedX but I am not sure what deal they have with a company who ships overseas so just looking up UPS costs may not be the true price. Plus they have to add some costs for the box and time to package if it is not already built into there pricing and again they don't pay standard rates they get a discount.

I forgot the order process with them but most online companies allow you to get to a point in the order where you can cancel after your shipping is calculated. I always do this when I find a cheap price and see that shipping costs makes the higher priced vendor cheaper. You many want to just try ordering what you want and see how far into the ordering process you can go before they say press this button to place your order. If they cant give you a price then I would be pissed.

If you cant get satisfaction PM me and I will get you an email address to the top person there, again don't expect speed. But they are generally very nice people running the business.

Edited by Woodenspoke

LMI will ship USPS, no problems.

StewMac I always get to ship DHL, but that's because they have really great rates worked out with them for whatever reason, and it's always only fractionally more expensive than USPS, and gets here within 3 working days, tops, every time. LMI has market-standard UPS/FedEx rates (ie, to Europe, high), but that's not really their fault. Good folks to deal with, though.

Jon here offers a custom slotting service --I don't think he does radiusing though. Look through the classifieds section for his ad.

Can't find anything on Jon here, alas.

I do not request speed, just good shipping cost.

If LMI is equal to Stewmac (At Whom you can see the shipping fees beforehand!! Hourahh!)

in European shipping "Postal Air shipping", then I have an idea.

The only time I ordered from LMI, I sent them an email with what I wanted, asking for a shipping quote. They got back to me the next day, and it all arrived within a week.

AND...............customs didn't get me!! Yippee.

Never had any problems with LMI either(though I'm in US) and I've hear plenty of good things about them.

As for Jon, he does great work. I've got some bubinga fretboards and wow, just beautiful and slotted and sanded perfect. I don't know what woods he has going, you'll need to get in contact with him and see. Here is his site: Jon Basses and services. Not sure if the store will show it all, but you can look see whats listed and check out the Gallery to see some of his work, you'll see my bubinga in there somewhere. The pics don't do it justice by a long shot. Anyhow, check it out and maybe try LMI again as they usually are great. J