Anybody Wanna Do A 'Carriburst' Competition?

Drak

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
I'll need to find some wood to play with... Hmmm. Kitchen table...

Damn you jehle! I know the wife wants ours done and now I m having ideas. Hmmm.....

well, my SG will be, since i figured out how i'm gonna build it finally.

gonna be 3, 1/3" thick pieces of mahogany (cross-grained) with the chambers cut in 'em, then a 1/2" maple top and back, beveled at 45° on the sides (so it has a cool profile when it's on the mahogany) both highly flamed (i'll get pictures up soon) and with the carrieburst on the front. the back, i don't know yet, prolly just something that matches the outside look of the front.

as for what my burst is gonna look like, i'm gonna go over the whole top w/ a dark blue, then sand it down so it's only accenting the flames istead of staining the whole piece. in the center, a really yellow-ish orange, then a yellow, then a green. all with the blue highlight over it.

might be weird sounding by that description, but i have a really good idea of how it will turn out and i've done this style of staining before, so i know it works...

just hope it looks good enough to win whatever the prize is...

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Drak, I hope to not step on any toes here, but here are my tallies.

Drak - Garcia ish body

Wes - 7 string V

Derek - ?

Rye - ?

Rodney - ?

SD Dan - SG

Stones Creed - ?

Jehle - Jellycaster IV or kitchen Table

Me - A singlecut and a doublecut.

Is this it?

Also, is the a limit to what wood we can use? Im still unclear on this. Is it only quilted maple, or is lacewood along with sycamore, cherry, and whatever else we can find fair game? Personally I say whatever works...versatility. I dont think we should limit ourselves too much. But then, I didnt head this one up.

Also, are there any "official rules on posting/keeping pic files?

If theres a ?, why not fill us in?