Guitar Of The Month For April

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 24th of March then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

The Ivy

Chambered quartersawn one-piece mahogany body.

1" thick bookmatched carved flame maple top.

25" scale flame maple bound ebony fingerboard with jumbo fretwire.

5 piece flame limba and wenge neck with a scarfed, bound and veneered headstock.

Seymour Duncan SH-10 (bridge) and SH-2 (neck) mounted in wenge pup rings.

Gotoh tuners, TOM and tailpiece in gold.

2 volume and 2 tone pots with a 3-way switch and gold knobs.

I finished this one in october last year, but never got around posting here about it until now.

Also note that these pictures were taken around the same time so the backplate has been sorted out.

Here's the build thread: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=25927

The guitar plays well and sounds warm and punchy so I'm very pleased with the outcome.

It feels very light and comfortable even though it's about 2.5" thick between the pups.

There are a few things I would have wanted to do better, but my time was very limited as I build this

in school as my degree work. I wrote about 20 pages about the build process. The whole project was rated as 5+/5.

Let me know what you think!

kitarajuttu008vh8.jpg

kitarajuttu013xw2.jpg

kitarajuttu005to2.jpg

kitarajuttu003bp9.jpg

ok here goes, my first build complete.

swamp ash body

indian rosewood neck with maple laminate.

ebony board, 25" scale length, 24 jumbo frets

inlay of pearl and white binding for the kite string.

finished very lightly in nitro.

grover locking tuners

gibson '57+ in bridge, '57 standard in neck (although have swapped the neck out for a seymour duncan phatcat p90 in the last couple days, sounds great)

wilkinson vintage style strat trem

couldn't be happier with it. it stands out, sounds and plays incredible.

1.JPG

8.JPG

7.JPG

3.JPG

more pics- http://members.iinet.net.au/~vindago/guitar/

thanks. jon.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I posted pics on the GOTM page. Here's my latest. A 9 string bass. It was built to order for a customer;

Specs:

Maple, Purpleheat and Wenge neck

Mac Ebony fingerboard, lined fretless with Ash veneer

Figured Myrtle headstock plate and top wood

Swamp Ash body, Wenge accent layer

Bartolini 3-band preamp

2 humbucking pickups built by me

Hipshot Ultralite tuners

Individual bridges

Bobs9023.jpg

Bobs9069.jpg

fl9-004.jpg

Bobs9091.jpg

This is DG10 : Neck Through Semi Hollow.

The Details are:

Neck Through; Australian Rose Mahogany, Purple Heart and Queensland Maple. 2 way adjustable Truss Rod.

Body wings; Quilted Maple, Top and Back with a Core Consisting of Rose Mahogany, Maple Veneers and Purple Heart Accent Laminations.

Fingerboard; Purple Heart, with Sterling Silver Side Markers, Dots and Treble Clef. Nut, Brass [ Silver coming ], 22 Frets. 12 inch Radius.

Neck Profile; Width,42mm at Nut, 56mm at 22nd fret. Thickness, 19mm at first fret, 21mm at 7th fret and 23mm at 18th fret.

Scale; 24 9/16 Inches.[standard Gibson]

Pick Ups; Seymour Duncan SH2 Neck and SH4 Bridge.

Electronics; Schaller 5 way switching. Front single coil, front humbucker, both humbuckers, back humbucker, back single coil.

Bridge and Tailpiece; Tune O Matic Schaller.

Machineheads; 510 Gotoh.

DG10Guitar1.jpg

DG10Guitar2.jpg

DG10Guitar4.jpg

DG10Guitar5.jpg

I only know Her as DG10......I try, to not get too attached, so She doesn't have a name, but perhaps she could be called Daintree.

She's an excellent Performer, with a broad range, very fast and smooth.

Why not..

Redeemer Six string headless singlecut

SC-1 body shape

100% handbuilt (everything! hardware pups tuners ect)

Sapele body

Crotch Canarywood top

Five laminate neck bubinga/jatoba/paduak

dual truss

Marado fingerboard

Red Fiberoptic side markers

Self built Neodymium humbucker

Wenge pup cover

wenge knobs

maching cavity cover

Self built tuning system

Self built bridge

Don't let it's look's fool you it's pretty light!

Now owned by award winning composer Tom Erba!

Picture136.jpg

Picture135.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Picture144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...