Anyone Ever Look Into A Guitar Vault/safe?

Lotza_Noize

Guitar Vault.

Sounds cool. But is it so cool? Does anyone know of someone who has purchased a Guitar Vault/Safe before? I have questions about them. But I have no one to ask. So I am asking all of you.

What brand is out there? Which ones are the best? What about humidity? So many more questions to ask.

I like to have mine where I can get to them easily... I play more if all I have to do is grab one.

I have mine insured (which was not expensive at all).

+1 Same here , I have all mine hanging on the wall.....have house alarm system and insured.Most of them could not be replaced anyway,tho...you know how it is.

Well I have young kids and a wife that (if she got mad enough) may destroy some of my stuff. I don't want people destroying my precious things, especially my guitars.

I need a safe/vault. Anyone use one?

I think you may have problems that a vault won't fix. :D

True. But...What I am dealing with.

So your just trying to stay out of jail!! Not sure about guitar safe,but they make a gun safe that should work...How many guitars are you talking.A good size gun safe runs around $1000.00 US.It would hold about four or five guitars.I've seen some guitars that have been victums of women rage.Had their necks snaped off.

I second deans motion. Really good gunsafes also have humidity and temperature controls as gun stocks can be works of art made of exoctic wood. Most do not, but they usually lock out moisture and stay at about room temperature. Your only real trouble would be getting enough space for the stands, as you probably don't want your guitars just leaning any old which way.

If its just to protect from women why not put your guitar building skills to good use and make a nice wooden cupboard with a lock? make sure you leave enough room to expand the collection or possibly to hide in?

does it have to be a attractive? because a flight case might do? then if the need to flee arises you can give it a hefty push and jump on (need to get one with wheels or you'll look pretty stupid!)

and if you wanted to spend money how about getting wall mounted individual guitar boxes with toughened glass forntage that would look ace and you'd be able to see your beautiful guitars (possibly a bit to hard rock cafe/planet holywood!)

despite the bad humour i think these a three pretty good ideas and with the exception of the the latter probably a bit cheaper than a dedicated guitar/gun vault although i do think the gun vault is a good idea!)

If it were me i'd want to see them I'd go with glass fornted wall cases if i had any valuable guitar that is!

Edited by joshvegas

If its just to protect from women why not put your guitar building skills to good use and make a nice wooden cupboard with a lock? make sure you leave enough room to expand the collection or possibly to hide in?

does it have to be a attractive? because a flight case might do? then if the need to flee arises you can give it a hefty push and jump on (need to get one with wheels or you'll look pretty stupid!)

and if you wanted to spend money how about getting wall mounted individual guitar boxes with toughened glass forntage that would look ace and you'd be able to see your beautiful guitars (possibly a bit to hard rock cafe/planet holywood!)

despite the bad humour i think these a three pretty good ideas and with the exception of the the latter probably a bit cheaper than a dedicated guitar/gun vault although i do think the gun vault is a good idea!)

If it were me i'd want to see them I'd go with glass fornted wall cases if i had any valuable guitar that is!

Axe + Matches = No more Capboard/Guitars

Flight Case may work. Safe better.

Axe + Matches = No more Capboard/Guitars

Flight Case may work. Safe better.

:D bloody hell! instant hendrix/zappa replica!

I think rick500 may have the answer, out of the house. A safe big enough to old a number of guitars and withstand a serious attack :D would weight a tonne (oops metric) and probably need structural improvement to your home I mean it would have to be properly untippable fire proof unmovable in any way you're talking a serious piece of metal /concrete casting there! you'd also have to get it in to your home!

Edited by joshvegas

• 4 months later...