Fretboard Extravaganza

erikbojerik

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These birdseye Bocote boards are headed out to Federico in Italy - I am fairly sure he is NOT planning on throwing these on a Corvus.... :D

This is some of the coolest Bocote I've ever worked with - I picked up these and some pretty wild-grained planks that I resawed for drop tops from West Penn Hardwoods on a recent jaunt to upstate NY.

Federico1.jpg

Federico2.jpg

• 2 months later...
These birdseye Bocote boards are headed out to Federico in Italy - I am fairly sure he is NOT planning on throwing these on a Corvus.... :D

This is some of the coolest Bocote I've ever worked with - I picked up these and some pretty wild-grained planks that I resawed for drop tops from West Penn Hardwoods on a recent jaunt to upstate NY.

Federico1.jpg

Federico2.jpg

Wow, those are actually amazing!! Do you have more of that in stock?

• 1 year later...

Hey Eric! Is this still going on? I'm fairly certain there's a $100 upcharge to multi-scale fretboard slotting but I was wondering if its possible to get a scale length that isn't included on your order form without an upcharge (that is if its even possible in the first place lol). Thanks!

Hey Eric! Is this still going on? I'm fairly certain there's a $100 upcharge to multi-scale fretboard slotting but I was wondering if its possible to get a scale length that isn't included on your order form without an upcharge (that is if its even possible in the first place lol). Thanks!

Straight fret slots incur no upcharge - what's the scale length?

I would also like to know if your still doing this..I shot you an email about a week ago but since no reply I wasn't sure if your still doing this stuff. Maybe I'll resend the email since my iphone is telling me it was never sent lol

Yep - still cranking. What do you need?

Ebony board with 27 fret slots, 25.5" scale, no nut (I'm assuming a no nut would be the right option for a floyd nut?), no radius, wide enough for 7 string.

Also, somebody in an earlier post said something about an MDF board..maybe it was a joke, but wondering if you'd actually do it? haha

email?

jakergoodwin@hotmail.com

Different Floyd nuts can vary in how tall the slots stand up - my inclination would be to just cut a fret slot at the nut position and leave an inch or so behind that, and let you decide how much you want to take the thickness down to fit the nut that you have. Sound OK?

Sorry I was so slow getting back to you...been busy. I was looking at doing a build with a 25" treble side scale fanning to a 26" bass side scale. Do-able?

LOL Thanks Prostheta! Ugh Too much work is making me inattentive. Right now its a just in the most basic of planning stages but I was thinking about having the 5th fret be the perpendicular fret. My string spacing at the nut is going to be in the ball park of 37mm at the nut and 54mm at the bridge. Am I making sense? LOL

Sorry I was so slow getting back to you...been busy. I was looking at doing a build with a 25" treble side scale fanning to a 26" bass side scale. Do-able?

Yep do-able, but like Pro said I'd need to know which fret is the "perp", how many strings, and your bridge and nut string spacings. A 1" fan is not that much, so it won't make too much difference if the "perp" is #5, #7 or what.

And fanned frets are not straight - so $100 extra because its hella lotta work to do it right.

Different Floyd nuts can vary in how tall the slots stand up - my inclination would be to just cut a fret slot at the nut position and leave an inch or so behind that, and let you decide how much you want to take the thickness down to fit the nut that you have. Sound OK?

How much would this board cost?

Ebony, 27 frets, 7 string, no radius, standard 1/4" thickness?

Paypal? :D

are you still in business with this?

im curious if you can get Pale Moon Ebony?

or more cocobolo or zircote that has crazy grain patterns and possible, dark to light like waterfall type looks.

and do you taper the boards, or are they in a rough dimensions and the customer finishes the size?

• 5 months later...

Up and running...

Best wishes Eric!

That cocobolo blows me away every time I see it, I reeeealllly want a fretboard from that stuff. *drool*

The kingwood looks very nice, any chance of seeing wider images of the figure/more of it?

Thank you,

John