make some sense of this please

renablistic

40705376-Teiscoschematics.JPG

:D

Those are my hand made schematics... **cough**

I'm refinishing my guitar and I want to replace the pots and the tone cap. But The tone cap is bridged between the volume/tone pot, which is odd to me. (keep in mind that The only other guitar I've bothered to look at the insides of is my Ibanez Rg 120.) So if someone could make some sense of these, and possible draw up some new ones that i could re-wire this one with the sme pots to work better, or for the new pots+working better. Thanx a lot...

I think i'm over-exaduratting (sp?)...

OK, I'm assuming you are referring to THIS guitar:

6031.jpg

which has 2 single coil pickups and 1 vol/ 1 tone knob and a 3-way switch.

Here is the closest schematic I could find .

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/suppo...one1switch.html

Does the guitar work fine as is? If so, then I would just remember where everything went, replace your components and put it back together the way it was.

Your diagram looks like a simplified 2-pickup version of Brian May's Red Special where the pickups are in series when both on, but without the phase switches. The volume and tone are connected correctly in your diagram except that the rotation is reversed (yours cuts treble when turning CW instead of CCW).

brian_may_pickup_wiring_standard.gif

yes that green guitar is the one of which i own, and am fully renovating and refinishing. It works well except for it crackles a bit as you turn the tone knob, but other than that, it's ok... I just thought it looked wierd, The Tone Capacitor is usually connected to one part of the Tone pot, and then to another part of the tone pot, not bridged between the volume and tone like that. My grandfather whos a electronics expert said some mumbo jumbo i could barely make-out because he's kind of crazy and will switch from whats going on with the tone pot then switch to how when he was a kid he would use old radios to make guitar amps...

But I will check out those sites. Thanks guys.

Hey Ren,

I was a bit confused by the wiring of the tone cap on first look, too, but you have to remember why it is usually wired with one leg to the tone pot: That is the part that is wired to ground, and in your schematic it's also wired to ground, just not via ground loop on the tone pot.

so long

ace