430mm Rad. Fret Press Insert Maker Wanted

Metallion

Looking for fret Press inserts with Radiuses that I have not found anywhere, 8", 17" and 430mm (JEM)

Does anyone make them, delivers to EU?

About 6mm (.25") x 95 x 15mm.

Fret_Press_Insert.jpg

What width Fret do you want? I have a friend that does machine work at home (he's retired) may be able to get him to do it.

I'm assuming that the press inserts are standard for a stewmac size other than the radius?

Mike

ask your local technical school, they often did small projects like this for me too before I got my own CNC.

OR you could make a flexible caul... from some kind of hard rubber or polyurethane or something... the material needs to have just enough 'give' to conform to the right radius of the fretboard but stiff enough to do the actual 'pressing'

If you make it 6 inch radius, it presses the ends in first and then the outer ends of the caul 'bend' upwards to a flatter radius until the frets are seated nicely over the entire fretboard width.

extremely handy for fretting a compound radius or refretting fretboards with a 3D complex radius :-)

I will post pictures of mine within a few weeks when we have moved in the new workshop and everything is setup again.

good luck !

Henny

Guitargear.be

Belgium

Looking for fret Press inserts with Radiuses that I have not found anywhere, 8", 17" and 430mm (JEM)

Does anyone make them, delivers to EU?

About 6mm (.25") x 95 x 15mm.

What width Fret do you want? I have a friend that does machine work at home (he's retired) may be able to get him to do it.

I'm assuming that the press inserts are standard for a stewmac size other than the radius?

Mike

Well it says 95mm here, 3.74" width, 0.25" thick, 0.6" high - for the 430mm, 17" and 7" radius.

Maybe 10" too.

More options if the price is right.

And they're wider than stewmac's for wider necks.

Edited by Metallion