Another shot at making a relic...

Guest AlexVDL

Everyone has a right to speak their opinion without the fear of being 'banned' for chrissakes.

Some just speak their opinions a little more eloquently than others at times.

It's not that big a deal.

I don't like relic'ed guitars either.

But I also don't go around calling people, or their efforts, stupid.

But that kind of political correctness in speaking comes in time as we get older.

If anyone gets banned from here for openly speaking what they believe in, I'm outta here like yesterday's news.

That's just a tad too heavy handed folks.

Actually that's a LOT too heavy handed.

Dosage: One chill pill fo' everyone. :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is a moderator when you need one?

We have reprimanded & badded people for far less

No one should be told to STFU, be called "stupid", or anything of the like on this forum

You have a lot of growing up to do

I will continue to do the work & build the guitars

you can continue to critique

Why not show off your "expertise" and post some of the work that you have done?

:D

Well dammit, there is an upside to this whole stankin' mess.

Lookin' at that pic of Rory made me whip out my Rory videos, so it's snowing here today, I'm workin' on guitars, drawing some new guitar designs and watching Rory Gallagher rip that SOB'in relic up!

Thanks Alex! :D

i think relicing is a new direction for allot of people. especially ones lie alex who have done a few guitars with different types of finishes. i personally like them, i like them a whole lot on those bland strats. the strat has looked the same for decades, but the worn in ones have always been everyones favorites. so why then would you call anyone who likes old worn in strats a derogitory name? i think that if you could see a reclic in person, for what it is and play it, you would understand.

you know what i do to strats? i like to sand all of the paint off, then i krylon them in neon paint, and add humbuckers and floyd rose tremolos!! i'm sure will will have a great remark for me. :D

my fave old strat is rory's. the guitar of the month a few back was the rory copy relic, that was impressive. that guy spent some real time on that one, looked awesome.

alex the vintage white strats have always been my fave too, yngwie has some sweet ones.

I think we should all stop hijacking Alex's relic'ed Strat thread.

That's being disrespectful of all of us eh?

If we want to discuss the merits/drawbacks (which I wouldn't mind weighing in on) of relic'ing, let's start a thread about it huh? B)

OK, back to subject-at-hand...

Alex, are you going to do the coffee or tea staining thang to the 'guard and pkp covers?

:D Orange Picoh or French Roast? :D

The one who call an idiotic stuff stupid or you guys, who attack a person?

You still don't get it, do you? You are entitled not to like relics, but calling a person, or the way he likes to finish a guitar "stupid", just shows your own narrow minded thoughts.

That's stupid.

If someone can't take criticism, don't put pictures. But you hyenas are pathetic, as I wrote before.

There will be no flaming, derogatory remarks,  slamming or ill expressed comments tolerated pertaining to forum members,    different makes and models of guitars that they own or are working on,  or web sites and their content owned or represented by Project Guitar.com Period (The Old Golden rule applies, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all)           

PROHIBITED TYPE OF BEHAVIOUR/DECORUM:

- Personal attacks against other members, moderators, companies or people.

- Insensitivity to other members.

- Profanity or harsh language

- Grandstanding & Exhibitionism - making a controversial post to elicit replies and argument

Any questions?

ok..call me stupid, what the hell does STFU mean?

My 2 cents... it's his guitar. Let him do what he wants to it. He said it was a cheap knock off so what's the big deal. It's not like he's taking a vintage 60's Strat and devaluing it. I think relics are cool, but I hate people that jump on the band wagon, and try to sell their guitar that they accidently bumped and claim it to be relic-ed.

Roli the only thing I agree with you on is that all those guitars were played into their relic status. People relic new guitars because they want to emulate the look of an old guitar. Consider it a type of "finish".

Uhoh...Brian's reading this thread...