My Black Limba Acoustic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easier than mahogany? didnt know that was even possible. guess ill be looking into picking up some limba very soon. Where do you guys usually find yours? do you have a regular supplier or do you just shop around.

You should try bending rosewood, it's very easy.

The wood for this guitar was purchased from Rich (Fryovanni) but I've got some from gilmer in the past as well.

All done. Turned out really good. The finish is perfect, a really nice gloss. I have to go get strings tomorrow and than I can finally play it. The tap tone is really good so I'm really excited to be able to play on it. :D

It's light at 4.3 pounds and balances perfectly.

It has schaller tuners and fishman matrix electronics.

The grain lines on the spruce are 60+ per inch (crazy close), I cant wait to see how it will open up in a few months of play time.

915-7573.jpg

915-7576.jpg

915-7582.jpg

915-7589.jpg

Look at that awesome binding. :D

Here you can see the cool label we made for it.

Link to more pictures.

All done. Turned out really good. The finish is perfect, a really nice gloss. I have to go get strings tomorrow and than I can finally play it. The tap tone is really good so I'm really excited to be able to play on it. :D

It's light at 4.3 pounds and balances perfectly.

It has schaller tuners and fishman matrix electronics.

The grain lines on the spruce are 60+ per inch (crazy close), I cant wait to see how it will open up in a few months of play time.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Sor...02/915-7573.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Sor...02/915-7576.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Sor...02/915-7582.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f196/Sor...02/915-7589.jpg

Look at that awesome binding. B)

Here you can see the cool label we made for it.

Link to more pictures.

That's craaaaaazy tasty. B)

About that label though, what is that? Varicose veins? :D

between you (Daniel) and frovanni, im inspired to actually try an acoustic;

all your stuff has good ''character''

keep it up fur sure

Yep he's the one who inspired me to try an acoustic. It was difficult for sure, but not nearly as much as I made it out to be in my head. You should try it, it's really a lot of fun building acoustic instruments.

I agree, that is a beautiful guitar. Every acoustic I see from you seems to get better. I am really a big fan of your work, as well as that of Fryovanni and Mattia. Congratulations on making an awesome instrument! Btw, that second picture is now my computer wallpaper. :D

I agree, that is a beautiful guitar. Every acoustic I see from you seems to get better. I am really a big fan of your work, as well as that of Fryovanni and Mattia. Congratulations on making an awesome instrument! Btw, that second picture is now my computer wallpaper. :D

My wallpaper is still the last acoustic we made. Chris is going to make some really good wallpapers of this one and put them on the website. I'll tell you when they are up. :D

Man, that guitar is awesome! It is so beautiful...I just love black limba. Is this one for you, or is it sold? You guys are really knocking out some gorgeous guitars. Well done.

This one is for me. There is no way I'm selling it (unless I get offered a huge amount of money, I guess we all have our price...)

Alright here are the final pictures with strings on. It already sounds amazing. The extra sound hole on the upper bout not only makes it sound good for the player, but it gives it a very 3D sound in front of the guitar too. If I cover it up it sounds much more muffled and sterile, but when you uncover the hole it has a really great 3D sound, almost like there is a chorus on it. It also has really good bass response. I was expecting a much brighter sound, but it sounds really balanced and is extremely loud with good bass response. It's louder and has more bass than my brothers takemine dreadnought, and of course has better more clear highs and strong mids.

I'm extremely happy with how it turned out and I know it will just get better in the months to come.

917-7622.jpg

917-7603.jpg

915-7575.jpg

917-7605.jpg

Link to more pictures.