1pc Mahogany Body Blanks -this Just In!

Doeringer

Hey Gang, just got some great, 1pc mahogany body blanks that I thought I'd offer to my PG friends first before I listed them on the website. 13.25 wide x 21+ long x 1.75 inches thick, Kiln Dried and ready for use! This is South American Mahogany, what most call Honduras. $59 each with FREE Shipping to PG'ers in the continental US.Send me a note and I'll send a paypal invoice.

ALSO, I'll knock 10% off anything on the website too! Just type"PG" in the promotion code box (without the quotes) and 10% will come off your order through Sept 15th. You'll find a full line of items & Parts including Korina/Limba wood, neck blanks, pickups... Doeringer Guitars

1pcMahog.jpg

Sorry I have not been posting much lately.

Terry D.

even with the discount your price seem a little high compared to warmoth or lmii.

Adam

Not sure where you're getting that... I just looked up mahogany body blanks at both Warmoth and LMI, and Terry's mahogany blanks are $17.45/bd ft shipped, Warmoth's are $30.93/bd ft shipped, and LMI's cheapest one (and they had much more expensive ones) is $33.25/bd ft shipped.

Edited by Rick500

At the dimensions listed and price(before the generous discount), that is about $15 bd. ft. Which is EXTREAMLY fair for well dried machined body blanks. Even if you bought the wood at a good prices for lumber, there would be very little left to pay for the added service. Good quality geniune Mahogany is getting harder to source also, and the price is rising quickly(it is on CITES now). Take advantage of the offer. I doubt I would be able to justify machining, taking pictures, billing(deducting the cost of PayPal if used), packing and shipping not to mention the cost of aquiring(gas, shipping, time to select) the wood and storing it till it is stable, possible losses due to raw dimensions not being 100% efficient for what will amount to maybe $15 give or take a few bucks. Those overhead costs are key in driving up the cost with reliable dealers like LMI or Warmoth(they are not really making a killing, just companies trying to make a reasonable profit after paying operating costs).

Rich

Thanks guys!

Yes this was a deal that I was passing along. When I started getting back into building guitars several years ago, I received help on this site that went FAR beyond good value, both in price and advice. I try to give it back when I can (Pay it Forward, y'know... I think I'm tearing up... :D ). Rich, you nailed it Bud, that is good business insight and it is exactly why I was able to do this on this wood as there was very little waste.

As far as other items, I'm sure they do have some things cheaper, but I think I am fair. Thanks Again.

Terry D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words guys, glad to help out when I can, and glad to clear up some room too! I still have some left but don't order the Mahogany directly from our site unless you just like spending more. My email is on the original post, send me a note and I'll send a paypal invoice. Then I expect to see some of these on GOTM!