taylors necks

hey has any of you noticed taylors new neck/headstock joint? its pretty cool, they started doing it on the little taylors and now are doing it on all of them, its a type of finger joint that is used for glueing up boards really strong! next time you guys get a chance check one out!

I've always been fascinated by a good joint too :D . It looks like they are determined to prevent failures - a sign of a good company. I've noticed some people (not many) complain about the looks of a scarf joint. I just don't understand why it bothers some people so much. It's not like you are looking right at it at any point during playing - and no one else watching you will ever see it. I know it's a personal preference kind of thing but it still bugs me that some people go out of their way to avoid owning/building a guitar with a scarf joint!

Actually I always liked the look of them. I first saw them on the Tobias basses (before Gibson bought them) and thought it was cool. Then Carvin did it on their models, and I just started liking them more. I don't mind scarf joints, althought I don't like the one on my ibanez because the headstock is plain maple,and the neck is curly maple. Jeez...couldn't they have used the same piece of wood?

...why dont people just use a volute? That strengthens the headstock to neck stablilty. and i'd assume it'd be easier too than going through all that precision cutting and gluing

taylor makes their necks that way cause it yeilds the most necks per wood available, IE it takes less wood then any other method. the stregth was just kind of a pleasent side affect i think, i got a factory tour video from them in the mail, you guys should request one too, it's free. Anyways the necks are cut, and glued on an automated system so percision is not a concern.

have you guys heard about the new heel system taylor's use?? man that'll blow your mind away :D

ps, i love taylors, right up there with larrivee's