Guitar Of The Month For October

Guitar of the Month for October  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This may be the hardest month ever... at least that I can recall. For the first time, I'm going to go down the list and comment on everyone's guitar. I figure it'll help me decide who to vote for, and at the same time, I hope some of my comments can be useful to the builders.

pete - I LOVE THIS GUITAR. Really classy and cool. The electronics put it over the top, but everything from the trem and the wide range pickup to the staggered machine heads speaks to me. All that chrome looks great with the blue body, too. I can't bring myself to vote for this guitar because you didn't build the guitar itself (sorry), but the completeness of the writeup you gave just shows how thorough your thought process was. You considered every detail, and it shows. Very nice work.

matt - This guitar has been a long time in coming, and it looks great. The shape, I mean. I really don't like the look of purpleheat, but that's just my personal taste. It does go nicely with the walnut. The bevels and the forearm contour flow nicely, and I really dig the fretboard extension. The neck joint is really slick, too. The pickup seems to be a bit further from the bridge than usual. Is that just an illusion? All in all, a good looking build... I just wish you would have painted it a solid color. Trans red over metallic black would have been totally METAL!

daniel - Another great looking guitar. I really like the doublecut shape, and the guitar looks nicely compact and comfortable without looking "off" at all. The trans blue over ash looks great, but I really don't like the relic job. Not saying it's badly done... I just can't stand relicing in general. Why mess up such a nice looking finish? Also, the jack placement seems a little funny to me. I would have put it further back, but it's your guitar. Those minor complaints aside, it really is an impressive looking instrument.

mr buttman - Really nice work. About the only bad thing I can say about this is that it's just not my kinda guitar. But the finish looks very well done, and it suits the guitar perfectly. Looks like you got all the little details right, too. Nice work.

killemall - Man, your builds are getting better and better... and you're pumping them out, too. How many is this for you now? Anyway, I dig this guitar, but there are a couple things I don't like. For one, I'm not crazy about the control layout. Why have the volume behind the bridge where it's hard to get to? Also, it looks like the bubinga has a dark patch in the upper wing area. What's up with that? Maybe a translucent finish would have helped cover that. The heel looks a bit thick (though it's nicely carved)... ever consider setting the neck in a little deeper towards the bridge so you can carve the heel thinner? The headstock looks really nice, though I don't like that you're using someone else's headstock on a guitar that's for sale. Don't take my criticisms the wrong way. It is good looking guitar, and you should be proud.

decanentjon - This is an interesting guitar. I really like the deep-set rosewood neck. Both the neck joint and the neck itself are really cool and well done. The outline of the guitar is neat, too, but the forearm contour throws it off in my opinion. I think a more subtle carve would really help the look. I like the Tele bridge and pickups, but I'm not so sure about the control plate, especially since the controls are so far back on the body. I think the guitar would look better if it was rear-routed with the controls placed closer to the player's hands.

boggs - I'm having a little trouble telling whether the first four pictures are the actual guitar or photoshop mockups. It would be nice to have some more realistic looking pictures. The shape of the guitar isn't really my thing, but it looks quite a bit better when someone is actually holding it. Still, the guitar is very original, and I think the angled pickups set it off and really help out the flow. Bonus points for being exceptionally light. How does it balance?

j 48 - Holy crap this is a nice guitar! I think you made the right choice finishing the top in a solid color. Sometimes too much figured wood can be overpowering, whereas the solid color lends the guitar a cleaner look. I would have left the sides natural, though. I'm not so sure I like the flame maple pickguard and pickup rings. It seems like the guitar could use a little more contrast than they provide, though I'm having troubling coming up with something I think would look better. I really like the detail on the bottom of the fingerboard, and the neck joint really flows nicely.

daniel - This is a very pretty guitar. I like how you kept the ornamentation simple and let the wood do the talking. The finish is beautiful, too (please don't relic it!). The extra soundhole is an interesting idea, and I would love to hear how it sounds in person. I like the shape, and especially the cutaway. Clean, classy, and perfect -- that's how I would sum up this build.

jvillavicencio - That's a fine looking piece of mahogany you used. I like the shape, too. Clean and comfy looking. I'm not really sold on the headstock, though. It looks a little squished to me. Would have been nice if you included a shot of the back. Is it a bolt on? Those are some pretty hot pickups you're using. How does it sound?

bluesy - Congrats on your first build... it looks like you did a wonderful job on it. I really like the wood you used. Fairly subdued, but with enough variations in the grain to keep things interesting. Looks like you had a little trouble with the binding around the cutaways. Is this just the picture? I like the pickguard mounted controls... keeps everything clean looking. I'm not sure I dig the finish on the headstock, though. I would have left the back and sides natural. I think some chrome-covered pickups would fit in nicely if you ever get around to swapping out the Epiphone pickups.

In the end, I'm voting for Daniel's acoustic. It's the only guitar that both spoke to me (as in it's something I could see myself owning) and that I had no "I would have done it differently" comments about. Congrats to everyone, though... there was some tough competition this month for sure.

bluesy - Congrats on your first build... it looks like you did a wonderful job on it. I really like the wood you used. Fairly subdued, but with enough variations in the grain to keep things interesting. Looks like you had a little trouble with the binding around the cutaways. Is this just the picture? I like the pickguard mounted controls... keeps everything clean looking. I'm not sure I dig the finish on the headstock, though. I would have left the back and sides natural. I think some chrome-covered pickups would fit in nicely if you ever get around to swapping out the Epiphone pickups.

Is it appropriate to reply in this thread? Hope so, please delete if not...

Anyway, about the binding, I shaped the top down to meet the binding (which was applied first). I noticed that I didn't get it meeting exactly in that spot, too late, while I was applying the finish. The binding is glued on solid and neat though, and that picture makes it look worse than it is (poor choice of picture eh? :D ) I think I agree about the headstock - too much black. Thanks for the thoughts - that's going to be the best thing for me in this comp - it'll make me own up to things I need to do better next time .

What!?

I didn't get to vote! It says i've already voted?

And I haven't voted, thats for sure.

EDIT: My favourite was Daniel's acoustic, normally I don't like acoustics that much but I just love the wood on the back, sides and neck. Fantasitic work Daniel!

Edited by Cam

psw: I love Telecasters and Kahlers so this modification was a success for me but I suspect the real accomplishment is the sustainer- which has the distinction of having the longest subject thread in any forum on the planet! The sound clips are cool and I even like the color! However, for me a sustainer is not something I would use. I love the advancement in technology but I've never thought about buying a guitar with one so voting it as GOTM because it has one would not seem to work for me.

Metal Matt: YOu got yourself a beautiful piece of purple heart and what you did with it is clean and functional. I just got my first 7-string and I wouldn't know what to do with 8 but I like how clean your lines are. I've worked with solid purple heart and for anyone who has never worked with it they could never know how had it is and what it does to your poor tooling! My only concern with the build is what will happen to the PH once it gets a dose of UV. It tends to just turn brown which would be a shame with how nice it looks. The oil finish wont do anything to prevent that from happening whereas using some V blocker to keep the UV out would have helped to maintain that color. This was an excellent build! I love your necks...

Daniel Sorbera: I love the trans blue finish over the ash body in conjunction with the contoured body. It looks ergonomically comfortable to play and it would catch my eye if it were at a Guitar Center. My problem is, most of the pictures you posted don't really show much of the guitar. The only good one was the one next to the bronco. There was only one full front picture and it was washed out. I'm guessing that this guitar looks a million miles better in person though.

Mr. Buttman: This guitar reminds me of the ones I grew up playing. Red bursts to black semi hollow body. As with the build above yours, the pictures leave a lot to be desired but in your case, I was able to get a better idea of the build quality. A couple of thing to note: The control plate cover on the back. You could have done without that by feeding the control pots through the F-Holes once they were wired to the harness. It's the common method of doing so with F-Holes. Also, the edges look more bubbled than arched. If that was the intended look then forgive me. It doesn't look bad but just different.

Killemall: Dude, you picked the wrong pictures to post in the thread. I found better ones with less glare and washout in your phtotobucket. I love Explorers and I love this one. The veneer came out excellent and knowing that you did it without vacuum is excellent. The black hardware looks nice and makes the guitar look menacing. I payed extra attention to the headstock and the laminates and sculpting> It looks awesome and is easily recognizable. That being said, I'm not a fan of the heel and that dark piece of wood you used to bring the neck and body together. It looks out of place to me. I also don't care for the cover plate. It doesn't match the back of the body and stands out a bit too much for me. Other than those two minor things, this guitar looks great!

decadentjon: This is a nice clean take on a Tele shape. I actually like the deep set neck and how it shows. Adds an interesting tone to the face of the guitar and gives you a preview of what's on the back! The neck looks clean and the lack of inlay might be a cheep move in the minds of others but I think it looks cool and I wish I had thought of something like that myself! When it comes down to it I would likely not buy this guitar but I do like the way it looks.

Boggs: This is an interesting build. From what I remember of your earlier builds this one is much improved. It's also cool to see pictures of it being played live. That's always cool to see! A couple of things allude me though. The air brushing. Pinstripes on the back and the writing on the front. They don't seem to mesh well together. Personally, I would rather have the writing on the front and lose the pin striping on the back. The other thing is the angle of the pickups. I understand that you angled each pickup to ensure a pole piece under each string. However, the only one that looks out of place is the neck pickup. I understand what you were doing but the bridge and middle pickup match each other but the neck pickup doesnt.

J 48 Johnson: This is one of the coolest Les Paul style guitars I've seen in a long time. It has a slew of features and the attention to detail on the fretboard is awesome! I absolutely love the color choice of the top along with the Bisgby and the wooden pickguard. I'm not such a big fan of the back though. My attention is drawn to the darker neck blank which prevents the guitar from flowing for me and I'm not a fan of how the neck body joint is contoured. Although, I do like that it's a neck through and not a set neck...cool idea!

Daniel Sorbera...again: I'm glad you edited your pictures, no strings no votes! I love the black limba (I'm getting started on two black limba builds right now) and every aspect of this acoustic is top of the line. You outdid you electric that you entered. I think the top is boring compared to the back though. I would have liked to have seen the whole thing out of limba but that's just me. You should be really proud of this build, it's really clean!

jvillavicencio: with the quality of builds that get posted for the GOTM ensuring you are presenting your creation with the highest quality pictures will help you compete. I like the fretboard...a lot actually but I'm not sure about the rest of it. The shape is okay...sort of reminds of me something Hamer would have done. I'd like to see better pictures that show more of the details.

Blusey: The top on this guitar is great and I like how you tackled binding on a contoured top! Some of the short cuts were a bit concerning to me. Painting the headstock instead of using a cap (which was taken around back to the back of the headstock????) Going bolt on instead of set neck, contouring and not arching the top. These things could have improved the overall look and appeal of the guitar.

This was a tough month but for me it came down to the 7 string and the acoustic. Metal Matt gets my vote this month! Great job everyone!

Edited by zyonsdream

Mr. Buttman: This guitar reminds me of the ones I grew up playing. Red bursts to black semi hollow body. As with the build above yours, the pictures leave a lot to be desired but in your case, I was able to get a better idea of the build quality. A couple of thing to note: The control plate cover on the back. You could have done without that by feeding the control pots through the F-Holes once they were wired to the harness. It's the common method of doing so with F-Holes. Also, the edges look more bubbled than arched. If that was the intended look then forgive me. It doesn't look bad but just different.

Thx for your comment!

I would like to tell that we've made that plate because our customer ordered the guitar to play something like metall on high gain (yes, it's strange with such shape). So he wanted the giutar "without noise". That's why we've made a metall box and put all the controls into it so we have't got any noise.

About the shape - we haven't made the copy of Gibson ES-399 - just the guitar that only remined it. Also we made really thin acoustic cavities - as a result the guitar has 0 feedback on high gain.

There are a lot of beautiful guitars in this month's GOTM. However, one really does stick out to me, even thought it is designed not to particularly stick out at all.

Pete's Telecaster is the culmination of years of work in guitar electronics, and most importantly, it is the culmination of Pete's pioneering research and development into a relatively untouched field of guitar electronics; the 'sustainer'. Yes, Kramer, Sustainiac, and Fernandez have already ventured into this field, but only one of them still makes the 'perfected' unit, and even that one has many flaws, not to mention being extremely expensive and large. Putting one of those units in your guitar often means permanently destroying that guitar's character and desirable features, all to make it be a 'sustainer' guitar. Moog has also just released a guitar which demonstrates this theory of "sustainer = 1 trick guitar". However, Pete not only ventured out to find a better functioning sustainer, he also made it cheaper and most importantly, smaller. With his unit, you can install one on your guitar, and still retain everything you liked about your guitar in the first place, and still enjoy the benefits of kicking in the sustainer. He has single-handedly done something that no large, or small guitar company has been able to do. The best part is, Pete has shared his knowledge along the way, allowing countless others like myself to build our own sustainer's based on his research.

For the developmental aspect alone, I think the Blue Telecaster might go down in history as a very important guitar, much like the first HB equiped guitar, or the first Floyd Rose equiped guitar, or the first active electronics guitar.

Therefore, my vote goes to the Blue Telecaster!

PSW - i never thought a kahler would look good on a tele - but it really does. I really like the tortoise plate around the wide range pickup - but i am not sure it matches the guitar.. i would have quite liked to see that material carried to more areas to make it more of a feature. I will admit i find the elctronics and switching options mind boggling. Unfortunately i think i would have to play it to be fully convinced of its genius... maybe its time to visit my dear old granny in Australia.

MM - very nice design, very nice bevels, very nice purple!! but it it finished yet? I would have liked to see a full frontal shot as well.

DS - nova - despite the name i love this guitar. when i saw it i knew it would be the one i was voting for even though your acoustic made me waver a bit later on in the month. I love the rich blue over swamp ash with the creamy binding. i agree that this would reallly draw attention in a guitar shop. I am not sure about the relicing, it almost should have been more or none at all for my tastes. but this is a nova:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...eman_Street.jpg

:D

MB - its a nice build, but possibly a little plain for me. I would have liked to see a proper carve and some kind of binding... but it looks like a great guitar. I have no problem with the back plate, i hate wiring 335's

KEA8- I think i said it in another topic, Its very nice and things are certainly getting better. Transitions need more work although i appreciate the extra length on the heel will help stability i would still round it down more so it flows better. i also think black plastic would work better for the cavity cover

DJ - I agree with the comment about the forearm bevel above, it does take away from the shape a little, at least in the photos you gave. I do like the shape and that neck looks stunning

Boggs - the guitar looks so much better being played - i agree with the comments aboe about it looking like a mockup. The pinstriping is nice, i would have preferred to see more of it

J48 - i thought all teh maple would be too much, it actually complemenst the top quite well. I still dont think spraying the side was the way i would have done it but overall i really like this guitar

DS - acoustic - stunning. criticism is hard on this one so lets go daft... i think i would have preferred the upper soundhole with a ebony ring surrounding it.

JV - the body wood is really nice - but it almost takes away from teh hsape of the guitar on the forearm contour. the fretboard is a cool feature

Bluesy - Looks a lot classier since you changed the scratchplate. It might just be me with my head stuck up my arse but i cant help thinking of the plywood back and it puts me off - other than that i think its great - but cant help but wonder how it would look with a vintage sunburst

MM - very nice design, very nice bevels, very nice purple!! but it it finished yet? I would have liked to see a full frontal shot as well.

oh ya its all done :D i think i did take a full shot of the front

thanks guys, i really did like how this design came out and its nice to be building again. I will never work with that wood again :D

but wait untll you see the new TOXIC V B)

Wow, excellent GOTM! Just some quick thoughts.

PSW, I really like this guitar! I'm a sucker for these kinds of projects. The electronic wizardry goes way above my head, but that's what I like about it. Great job!

I'm very impressed with Matt's build. Great choice of woods and the workmanship and design is top notch. Unfortunately, it's just not my style. I certainly see why it is in the lead though.

killemall, great guitar! The woods you used in this build look great and it has a very clean, well done look overall. I'm also a "closet fan" of the explorer shape.

Daniel, the acoustic is beautiful! I would absolutely love to own that guitar. For that reason, I gave my vote to you!

The rest of the builds are great ('cept maybe one or two that I did not like), but I chose only to mention the ones that had the most impact on me. All around great job this month, kudos to all who entered!

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy

Damn this month was hard, I forget how many times I changed my mind.

PSW The Khaler looks great on there, and everythings finished vey nicely, but Tele's just don't do for me.

Metal Matt I love the colour, shape, black hardware looks fantastic and the scaloped effect on the end of the fetboard a nice touch, EMG pickup one of my favourite pups, pity there isn't a shot of the headstock tho. This was my fav' all the way through....allmost

Daniel Sorbera The high blue gloss finish with the grain coming through looks very nice, unfortunately the relic finish for me looks as if it's been knocked and not bothered spraying over the scrapes, that really did do nothing for me, otherwise a great build

Mr Buttman I'm sure it's a nice guitar but I just dont like these,

Killmall8 That veneer is stunning, the black hardware again looks good against the veneer, nice touch with the contrasting truss rod cover, and the headstock is good as well, this was up there with Metal Matts when I saw it

Decadantjon I like the body shape a morph of a Tele and Strat, the neck is nice and secure on there, alltogether a clean looking build.

Boggs That fretboard is gorgeous, as for the rest doesn't do a thing for me, but again like the others a quality looking build

J 48 Johnston This was my next favourite. I think my jaw dropped when I saw this one. I don't like Bigsby's but I like this one, the colour is eatable, like custard, visually very striking.

Daniel SA This one the Puppy, I like the Bruce Springsteen esque pic. The only thing I don't like about this guitar that it's not mine....you got my vote.

Jvillavicencio That fretboard is the one I want for my current build. I like the soft edges on this build well done

Bluesy F holes again but what a lovely finish, the binding really stands out

So many to choose from this month. The standard on these buils just seem to get better. Fortunately for me taste has a lot to do with my vote, but there are no bad builds here

Well done guys

Blusey: The top on this guitar is great and I like how you tackled binding on a contoured top!

I applied the binding first while the top was still flat. Instead of 1.5mmx6mm, I cut the size of the route for the binding at 1.5mmx12mm, glued on the binding at the bottom of the route, then shaped the top, curving it down the 6mm to meet the binding's top edge.

In the thread there is a pic Of the head stock, I can post one in this thread

RAZARguitars008.jpg

Boggs here... Thanks for the comments, first off. I do appreciate your honesty! The pictures are real. There is no photoshop except to widen the background a bit to be able to print it out in 4x6 format for my catalog. A friend of mine is a professional photographer and does great work... The angle of the bridge and middle pickups are slightly different. The guitar balances very well. I can support it with no hands on it and it does not dive. It is rediculously comfortable to play, too and it sounds KILLER. It is interesting how the quack in positions 2 and 4 are progressive from strings 1 to 6... it kind of combines the tone characteristics of a Strat and a Tele... It is very responsive and is now my main player. I feel I also need to say that getting one vote in this crowd is a real honor! Incredible work done here!! I automatically gravitate to acoustic builds, but they still have to be exceptional and that SA Auditorium is gorgeous!!!

Edited by Boggs

Wow, another serious month! I think this is close to the most, I think one month not too long ago there was 13, but there might have been several from one builder that month. All of the rigs just looked great this month, each of inspiring in their own ways.

Pete's Blue Tele was a great project. A local friend of mine and PG member were discussing GOTM and Petes build early this month and its tough judging so many great projects. I've always had my own way of determining votes that take into consideration many different factors, but even with this it is still difficult. Pete's Tele is an amazing project that came out excellent. I think the amount of work put into this speaks for itself, just look at relating threads. Not to mention that it is extremely difficult to take a guitar design/style alter enough to make it completely your own, yet not go overboard and make it look ridiculous. Pete's balanced this perfectly, it's his own take on the design and looks amazing, it would probably out sell many other styles sold from the company and thats without including the intense electronics. All in all an amazing project. I think maybe the only thing working against him is that is flows so well as a design that it almost comes off as just another great piece of guitar porn and not an actual project. I dunno, very cool project, very well done, nice work!

Matts- Yeah, glad to see Metal back in action. Really it was Matt and all his unique designs that inspired me when I first wanted to build my own guitar, he inspired me to find my own shape, I was always a fan of all his threads. Another great design and project here. I think the thing that most impresses me is that forearm carve. Sounds stupid, but man oh man, I don't know if I've ever seen a better one. It flows into the bevels flawlessly and it just accents the entire design. I actually like the woods as in they look good, though I have a huge hunk of Purple heart and I'm not a big fan of working with it, but it can look great on certain projects and I actually this it suits this project well. The fretboard end and lack of inlays looks great, headstocks works well. Great project, very well executed and although a UV inhibiting finish might help, I really like the look of it in those pics. Great Stuff Matt and your other work looks great, love that green.

Daniel- Super nice looking guitar, love the blue, love the shape as it looks very comfortable and fun to play, no doubt that end up my gigging rig. Like everyone elses thoughts the relicing doesn't do it for me, I think maybe just doing like all satin hardware and such would have been preferred, who knows. Either way its an amazing looking guitar fit and finish. Very nice work!

MrButtman-Well done! Looks great all the way around, finish came out great. The only slight concern I'd have was mentioned in your thread about the grain direction, but it seems to be alright, so no worries there. I have a strong feeling that the pictures are not doing that finish justice because I can see the red in the middle as being much brighter in real life. I just have a feeling we aren't getting a good idea of the true colors. Still its look great, very solid and very well done, nice stuff.

Killemall-As usual, very nice guitar and very well done. Your finishes are looking nicer each time and you did a great job with that bubinga veneer. In doing a small flatsawn bubinga veneer on my headstock I can't imagine it being an easy task getting it perfect across an entire guitar body. I struggled just with the back of my headstock, though it was the volute that was the culprit there. Anyhow, very well done, the woods fit together well very great choices, hardware fits well, all in all another great build.

Decadentjon- Very neat design well executed. I really like that extended neck that ends under the bridge pickup. I just like the idea you can see the neck, but not the end of the neck like you can on some basses and some guitars. With it ending under the pickup it looks very cool. Very nice smooth looking neck also. Control plate works well. Not huge on the forearm cut, but I bet it feel beautiful. The "nolay" as I'll call it looks very cool also, different and interesting. Very nice build, great job. J

Boggs- Another nice entry. I like the project. The design on the back looks very nice and is well places as it splits the string thru ferrells perfectly. The graphic on the front is cool as well. I think that type of design would be great for jammin' with buddy's or at practice as you can rip around on that thing and have a great time. All in all great build and nice execution.

J 48- Great build! This was actually my vote this month. It just appeals to me greatly, it also stood out significantly yet looks near flawless. I followed your two previous builds and in seeing this one, I just had to say wow. You really did an amazing job. I really can't believe it was your first neck either and on top of that a neck thru. Just everything about this build is great, all the details you spent time on look great, the color is amazing and works so well with the maple on the back. The fretboard end and inlays are perfect and a great choice. Yeah, this just stood out and would be an amazing build for someone who builds for a job, can't believe thats your third seriously! Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see more projects from you in the future. You're bound to grab a GOTM with builds like that.

Daniel-Another great build for the month. I really can't wait until PG gets so big that we start having GOTM's for acoustics and electrics. Very nice acoustic, love the limba of course, choice piece. Inlays look very nice, binding is great, bridge looks very smooth. Just a great build. Seriously the only thing that I would have love to have seen was exactly what I think Wez mentioned, binding the sound port with ebony. Wheew that would have put this one over the top no doubt, still an amazing piece regardless. I'd love to own a guitar that beautiful. Great build.

jvilla-Nice project! Interesting body, I like the smooth carve on the body. The thing I like the most is that two tone cristibol fretboard, wow, what a great choice, it looks amazing. The hardware all fits well inlcuding the abalone topped knobs. In one of the pics it shows how nice the finish looks, very nice! All in all very nice build, look forward to seeing more of your work around the forum.

Bluesy- Well, dpm99 and I were hanging out the other day and your guitar came up. We both were laughing because you built it so fast and it came out great really. You'd ask a question on how to do something, then pull it off like you'd done it a dozen times already. Very nice project and not an easy one to build, especially when you don't have all the tools that make it easy. Very impressive stuff and very well executed. I really can't wait to see what you will build in the future. I really liked your entire project, very well done and best of luck.

All of the builds this month were great and inspiring. PG is a seriously awesome forum to be apart of, I'm thankful I found this place years ago. Not only is it a great place to learn and get feedback, but its a great community to hang out with. Congrats to all the entries, all excellent builds. Best of luck to you all. J

Thanks for all the votes guys! I sure do love that acoustic. It sounds so great in real life, I wish you all you play it. :D

I know everyone might not like the finish on the nova, but hey if you never try something new you'll never improve right? It is a great playing guitar though, it's actually become my favorite gig guitar and I play it all the time.

Voted for Dan's acoustic. Really like the elegant style and finish, with the back, neck and headstock wood grain being a real feature.

Honourable mentions to Bluesy's 335, I loved the top and the controls being "hidden" but thought the back of the headstock clashed with the neck too much, and Killemall's Explorer, which reminds me of James Hetfields axe except maybe too shiny, possibly needed to be a matt finish or more of a natural grain finish.

Edited by tim290280

I voted for Daniel's blue Nova guitar. When i saw it for the first time i thought it was a perfect new design guitar, if a big guitar company would offer it, i think it would sell very well. It's a very elegant, classy yet aggressive design, kind of like an SG, that doesn't look bad whether you play metal, rock or pop.

The only things are i don't like are:

The relic effect, i hate that

The Machineheads lack the washer

It needs a headstock logo

But i know it's the first one, the next ones will be awesome too, makes me wanna copy that design for myself! hehehe but i won't :D

I voted for Daniel's blue Nova guitar. When i saw it for the first time i thought it was a perfect new design guitar, if a big guitar company would offer it, i think it would sell very well. It's a very elegant, classy yet aggressive design, kind of like an SG, that doesn't look bad whether you play metal, rock or pop.

But i know it's the first one, the next ones will be awesome too, makes me wanna copy that design for myself! hehehe but i won't :D

There will be one in next months GOTM that I've been keeping under wraps that will blow everyone away. Just wait and see. :D

But i know it's the first one, the next ones will be awesome too, makes me wanna copy that design for myself! hehehe but i won't ;)

There will be one in next months GOTM that I've been keeping under wraps that will blow everyone away. Just wait and see. B)

I'll be sure to wait until November then... :DB) ...not that it matters. I've never taken more than one vote from anyone! :D