Work Sharp Ws3000

pariah223

I did a search on the forum to see if anyone had brought this tool up and found nothing. I found it on sale at a local hardware store yesterday and took a plunge and picked one up. For those of you who havnt heard of it... here it is http://www.worksharptools.com/product.asp?specific=137 . I have struggled with tool sharpening since i got into guitar building. I just couldnt get anything to work good except scary sharp, and that took so long and was such a hassle that i just used dull tools and dealt with it. Well i bought this thing yesterday and i have sharpened all my chisels and planes sharper than i have ever had them before. Took little effort and little time. If anyone is struggling with tool sharpening.. or is looking for a quick way to keep tools sharp (talking 30 seconds to re-hone an edge)... and has 200 dollars to drop in something... i highly recommend this tool. I am so impressed with it i had to tell someone, so you guys are the victims!

I've looked at them and they look like cool machines. But really a hand touch up is all that should be needed on edge tools unless you are chipping the edge. All I ever need to do is run for like 1200 to 2000 grit paper and I have a razor edge again in a few minutes. Once the edge is set there is no need to run all the way through the grits again, it is just polishing up what is there.

I dont think sharpening gets a whole lot of press here for he simple reason there are so many ways to sharpen a tool now a days. I have seen the 3000 and it looks like a fine tool.