Wood Working?

xlrustylx

Hi there,

I can't find any sites or books on wood working, more specifically, making planks or boards out of an uncut piece of wood or log. I'm sure I could figure it out, but there are right ways for a reason, they work the best and produce the best result. Another point to be clarified is what tools do I need for these jobs? If anyone can direct me to where I need to go or read, that would be great.

Thanks

well, seems like you need a google lesson

becuase it should be fairly easy to find info on an entire trade/art

www.google.com

then type woodworking

you should have an unlimited amount of info

just some digging and you will find what your looking for; i know because ive seen it before :D

Hi there,

I can't find any sites or books on wood working, more specifically, making planks or boards out of an uncut piece of wood or log. I'm sure I could figure it out, but there are right ways for a reason, they work the best and produce the best result. Another point to be clarified is what tools do I need for these jobs? If anyone can direct me to where I need to go or read, that would be great.

Thanks

Go to this site and look in the woodworking links. Just some place for you to start. There you can find a few forums and other places to ask many questions specifically about woodworking questions. Also look through the one listed as woodshop demos

Link

MK

Edited by MiKro

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a site I belong to called Arborist site. There is a forum in there called milling and saws. Lots of info there on making boards from logs. I personally use a chainsaw and a granberg mill to saw boards from logs. I have in the past used my bandsaw but was way too limited to the size boards I can cut. I can now mill trees up to 30 inches in diameter if need be. I prefer them 20 inches or less however. A lot easier to mill.

There is a site I belong to called Arborist site. There is a forum in there called milling and saws. Lots of info there on making boards from logs. I personally use a chainsaw and a granberg mill to saw boards from logs. I have in the past used my bandsaw but was way too limited to the size boards I can cut. I can now mill trees up to 30 inches in diameter if need be. I prefer them 20 inches or less however. A lot easier to mill.

Live anywhere close to VA??? I've got 4.5 acres of oak, maple, hickory and poplar dying to be made into boards :D

• 5 weeks later...

Live anywhere close to VA??? I've got 4.5 acres of oak, maple, hickory and poplar dying to be made into boards :D

not even close. Upstate NY.