Dentist Bits For Inlay....anybody Need Any ?

govtmule

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Got back from the dentist yesterday and he hooked me up with a **** ton of dental burs. Anyone need any for inlay projects ? Send me a PM and I'll send you a little care package.

Steve

Hey Steve,

I can't quite figure out how to send a PM, so I thought I'd just reply. I'd be happy to pay for shipping if you wouldn't mind sending me some of those dental burs. Let me know what I'd need to do to make it happen.

Thanks,

Frank

Got back from the dentist yesterday and he hooked me up with a **** ton of dental burs. Anyone need any for inlay projects ? Send me a PM and I'll send you a little care package.

Steve

Hey Steve,

I can't quite figure out how to send a PM, so I thought I'd just reply. I'd be happy to pay for shipping if you wouldn't mind sending me some of those dental burs. Let me know what I'd need to do to make it happen.

Thanks,

Frank

No problem, send me your address and I'll send you some.

Steve

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks,

Frank

No problem, send me your address and I'll send you some.

Steve

I appreciate that Steve. Some real funky stuff is going on with my account. I emailed the mods about it. I know you sent me a PM, but it says I'm not allowed to use the PM system. Maybe I need a certain amount of posts or some kind of seniority or something? Who knows. Well if you see this, my email is deluca.fg at gmail.com. Again Steve I appreciate your willingness to share!!

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard about these being useful some months ago and my dentist, who barters guitar lessons with dental work (Now THAT's a sweet deal!) gave me about 10 or so - these things are phenomenal - awesome for the really small work and have not put any wear on them yet.. since Ebony, Rosewood and other woods I have inlaid into are quite a bit softer than enamel(which is harder than bone!), I would imagine they will last a little while. He says they cost around $5 a bur.

• 1 year later...

So I thought I'd showcase some inlay work I just finished and also give a plug for dental burrs! Govtmule sent me another batch, which I used the day they came in. He hooked me up with them but most dentists are happy to sanitize and hand over their used ones (which are still plenty sharp for wood work). I like them over true bits because they cut a little slower and are less prone to grab or care if you cut with or against rotation. Here's the pics!

CEC75189-ED54-49CD-84D1-67317B189373-668

E68500BE-7C43-4547-BB04-842397901460-668

2F1A9F94-C259-4744-9CD7-ABAD76FF766B-668

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 month later...