Guitar Of The Month For November

Guitar of the Month for November  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know...but the thread was closed last time and I didn't get to leave any comments...and I entered!

Plus...it is a rare treat indeed that I comment at all in GOTM...possibly for good reason...

That is 50,000 words...it's been edited down!

So Pete I understand the acoustic KILL IT NOW!!! but damn dude did you have to try and kill John as well :D

Not that I agree or disagree but please kill me as well. I want REAL feed back. I don't want sympathy for my disabilities.. That's the last the thing I want. And If Anyone voted for that reason then you voted wrong!!!!!!!! I put the RESo up becuase it is the best I have done and I'm damn proud of it. It plays like a dream and everyone that has listened or played it to date wants one. or it. It is a one of, thats it. If there's another one then someone copied it.

Pete I love ya like a Brother and I want you to know it's okay. I bitch at my wife like this as well. :D

Peace to ya my friend! !! Just had to kick at ya for a second, must be the Scotch!!!!!!!!! Yep I might be a little in the bottle Maybe more so:)

Mike

Not that I agree or disagree but please kill me as well. I want REAL feed back. I don't want sympathy for my disabilities..

No brother...you misunderstood. I tried to get a sympathetic vote myself with my woe is me routine and in support of the sustainer work...but it didn't work for me last month...in fact I know people wanted to vote for mine but when they say what else was on offer...they voted elsewhere...

Kill the acoustic...hehehe.

Yes, well it is an acoustic so it is going to get bonus points, it is also exceptionally well thought out and unique (as far as I know I have never seen a wooden cone cover...let alone all that birdseye and so well done). The tailpiece is cool also as it is not overbearing as a wooden one would have had to be and lets you see more of the design elements and timber...a wooden one would be too much! The tailpiece is the only criticism anyone has been able to come up with...and even then they were probably reaching and couldn't suggest a better alternative...that's how good it is!

So, for me it comes down to playing the thing and this is a very specialized kind of instrument and up against a whole batch of electrics...but somehow, acoustics get a good showing. It would have hands down gotten my vote, equal in execution to Perry's with as much creativity IMHO...not a mean feat!...except that I suspect it will be getting a good showing because it is that good (in no way related to any disabilities, but I appreciate that this might have added an extra layer of degree of difficulty that came up in your build thread on the thing...and nicely saved) and the acoustic thing and so for that reason, I wanted to cast a vote for the dark horse Deco as a guitar that I would want and play more and I liked the ideas...even if the finish was not quite as I would have liked...good, but not my taste.

I put the RESo up becuase it is the best I have done and I'm damn proud of it. It plays like a dream and everyone that has listened or played it to date wants one. or it. It is a one of, thats it. If there's another one then someone copied it.

Exactly...but did it need my vote...I don't think so...it is that good and I honestly hope it wins out, and I suspect it should. I know exactly what you mean...I hear you...but it was not because of that that it should win, you should be proud of it and the thing is simply beautiful...as I say on par with perry's entry+ the acoustic thing+ originality+ sheer beauty+ it is a rare thing indeed of which we may not see another.

Perhaps if I had held her in my arms and caressed those frets and let her speak to me the way you have allowed her to, to others...I too would be seduced...however...as you know, I am bitter, twisted and jealous but mature enough to hope that some great music is played on her as much as possible. (now if anyone would like to repeat those words to my ex-wife to get her off my back...there is a cash bonus for you!)

John...I know that you have asked for constructive criticisms earlier and I meant them in that way and honest. It deserved the words, thoughts and time I spent to reply...more than a simple one liner...and it is deserving of the company it keeps. I have said elsewhere that it is very hard in recent times for a new builder to compete on an equal footing within such company...but it is only from those peers and feedback, I was only trying to be constructive in my own opinionated and long winded way.

Now that John is moving from selling these things on the 'bay to doing store consignments and making so many of them....I think it is time to lift it up a notch...I know he can, I know he will, and I hope a little of this will move him in the right direction...it is a fine body, but it wasn't for me up there with the other creations...but it does show promise and the details would have helped a lot...(put a sustainer on it and of course I'd have a completely different opinion...hehehehe...no I wouldn't...but if you bought one of mine of the 'bay...maybe we could work something out!)

However, if anyone does want any number of words on any subject I could probably bash something out...school papers, reasons to be cheerful...any takers?

pete :D

Not that I agree or disagree but please kill me as well. I want REAL feed back. I don't want sympathy for my disabilities..

No brother...you misunderstood. >snip<

However, if anyone does want any number of words on any subject I could probably bash something out...school papers, reasons to be cheerful...any takers?

pete :D

Fair enough Bro!! :D Edited by MiKro

but damn dude did you have to try and kill John as well

Pete did exactly what I was wanting folks to do. :D

I voted for the reso because I thought it was the best one out there this month, really standing out from the crowd.

I want to thank those who gave me the feedback and constructive criticism. As a novice, I know that I still have a LOT to learn. Remembering that, any and all thought snad opinions are not only welcome at all times on every build thread, but they're encouraged and greedily wanted.

I intended to keep the Avenger fairly simple for the first time out. That's why it was classified as a prototype. Suggestions like rounding the neck pocket, beveling the edges, carving the top, and paying more attention to the headstock are EXACTLY the sorts of comments I need. Experience will make me better, but opinions & input help refine the design.

Hopefully, I'll be able to put in something that will actually give a challange for the next few months. The Retrotron, ash PRS, and leopardwood-capped Avenger are all in various stages of near completion. You can be sure that they'll get entered.

Hey MiKro I would have voted for your build if mine had more that 4 votes :D

Great Work again from every body

The green is absolutely hideous- I love it!! :D

That guitar will look truly scary on stage.

I also like the roundness of the avenger, but I hope to see one in the future with a rounded heel and set neck.

Lovely blue on the Nova

Love the shape of the nortstar- I tend to use curves like that myself.

I wasn't too keen on the previous multiscale, but that's only because I can't stand white guitars or gold hardware. This one is fantastic, super job on the grain!

I goofed and hit "view results" instead of "need another peek" so I didn't actually vote, but I was really undecided anyway, between the Deco and the Reso.

Excellent work on the resonator, but I think I would have liked to see a different wood for the top- not sure what, though.

The Deco looked odd at first, but really grew on me, very funky, I probably would have settled on it in the end.

Wez- I guess there's just no pleasing you. :D That's OK, I actually find your comments interesting- gets me thinking in different ways. It's interesting to see how some of this stuff plays out to people overseas. I guess the themes I play with tend to be fairly steeped in americana.

Thanks all for the input, and even though I probably won't enter the uber-rustic stuff in GOTM, I will certainly post them in other sections, and if there seems to be a mandate, I'll reconsider. I've got a bunch of new ideas I want to try out, using some of the rustic motif, but going in a different direction. Is that sufficiently vague? B)

I've got a bunch of new ideas I want to try out, using some of the rustic motif, but going in a different direction. Is that sufficiently vague? :D

Not quite yet. You're actually hinting that something will be worked on, that it's guitar related, and that you haven't done it before. TMI dude. :D

Wez- I guess there's just no pleasing you. :D That's OK, I actually find your comments interesting- gets me thinking in different ways. It's interesting to see how some of this stuff plays out to people overseas. I guess the themes I play with tend to be fairly steeped in americana.

i can just be a picky bastard sometimes!! i think the one with the fridge parts was my favorite

hopefully i will have one i want to enter finished in the next week or so... you can get all your own back!! :D