Guitar Of The Month For December

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of November then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

HOTSTUFF

22%20Hotstuff%20[640x480].JPG

HOTSTUFF

7 String 'Materials Finish' Hot Rod Flames 'Fire Girls' project.

This was a stock Ibanez RG-7321 7 string; basswood body, 5 piece bolt-on neck, jumbo frets, axis seven pickups. Fun guitar to play- great sound, nice action, but very boring looking in all black.RG-7321

Taking inspiration from Brian Calvert's "Materials Finish" tutorial on this website- Thanks, Brian!- this is what I came up with:

21%202hot2handle%20[640x480].JPG

A couple of interesting features:

Pickup covers: These I made from thin sheet metal, covered with same fabric. These are easily removable (they stick by magnetism only), & I usually remove the bridge cover when playing. So they are mostly for show- sounds very different with them on, somewhat muted & somewhat of a midrangey sound.

Custom Tone Circuit: I was thinking about calling this the omnipotone, as it's a variation on the varitone I pieced together. Way over the top. It is a 12 position rotary switch using three inductor coils and 9 capacitors. Lots of choices!

23%20Hotstuff%20[640x480].JPG

Being my first attempt at this, I had many setbacks and problems. It was all done by brush and spray can. I wanted to find a glue that would work to stick the fabric to the guitar without removing the finish- I tested everything I could get my hands on, 8-10 different adhesives. The ONLY one that works is Artstuf Label & Foil adhesive.

More pictures of the process can be found here:Hotstuff

Cheers!

Edited by ottovola

Goldy? no idea never named a guitar before

3.jpg

Ok, I've got a pretty limited taste in guitars, thats basically late 80's & onwards Ibanez. I'd been playing the same 2 guitars for the last 20 years, but after finding this website a couple of years back through jemsite, it inspired me to start cutting up cheap stuff off ebay & making copies of guitars I always wanted. After 10 or so cut and shut copies, I spotted a cheap lump of wood on ebay & thought it was time to try an Ibanez JS body from scratch.

2.jpg

I never seen people price stuff up, but the reason I started making these was to avoid paying £1200 - £4000 for the real thing, Jems, LNG's, GMC's, donnies etc.

All parts are 2nd hand Ibanez parts from US ebay sellers as the £/$ was so good for the last few years

Body ebay mahogany £27 (with postage)

Neck 1998 Ibanez 540s £115

hardware all second hand ibanez parts from ebay

tuners gotoh £20

Trem ibanez edge £110

pickup rings £10

neck screws £7

wiring, knobs, jack £25

Pickups - spares

Finish

Gold leaf & size £20

swirl paint £6

Halfords 'finest' spray clear 4 cans £24

Total £364

close3.jpg

dodgy cameraphone clip

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2jLTkLKKs

build thread

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=38011

cheers Andy

Edited by andyt

OK so this is the RobEllis Aslan. I have another one on the way as well, but i haven't started building that one yet.

This is the Aslan:

img0205cq7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Head Stock and logo 'aslan' on rear

img0204hz9.th.jpgthpix.gif

Body with exposed strings

img0203dm0.th.jpg

Body Front

img0202yo0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Headstock front with main logo

Sorry about the size here guys, i'm not too proficient with ImageShack. Whats in the guitar i hear you ask?

Body: Swamp Ash

Neck: Maple with Rosewood Fingerboard

Headstock: Matching Colour, reverse.

Machine Heads: Gotoh

Tone Pots: DiMarzio

Volume Pot: DiMarzio

Switch: 5-way

Pickups:

DiMarzio Area 58's (Middle and Neck)

DiMarzio Drop Sonic (Bridge)

Bridge: Wlkinson Floating Bridge.

For a Video of the guitar just noodling: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbptrkl9Lg Have a listen.

When i say that it has a Telecaster sound, im not lying. it has a Telecaster and a Strat and a heavy sound all in one. It's almost ultimate.

this is the first guitar i have built, and it took me over 12 months to build. I finished the guitar myself, stained it myself, and no other hands have touched this asides my mums when moving the parts around the house haha.

In real life it sounds alot better, needless to say - to test it i use a Fender G-Dec. Total cost for me was about $800 AUD, with half that from the cost of the pickups.

Rock on.

The MorningStar SC Classico

This is the latest version of my original MorningStar design. This time it is a single cut. With a classic look that resembles old time Americana, both cars and guitars; it got the additional name Classico. With the new StarStruck designed RetroPhonic pickups she has a sound as good as she looks.

Specs

One-piece mahogany body with contoured top and 3-ply binding

Laminated flame maple neck with graphite reinforcements laminated in between

Mahogany head veneer cut from the same piece of mahogany as the body

Grover chrome mini tuners

Ebony truss rod cover

Ebony fretboard with MOP inlay to match the decorations on the bridge.

Custom RetroPhonic pickups with chrome H-style covers for a Gretsch-like sound and appearance

Chrome pickup rings

Wilkinson chrome roller saddle bridge

Chrome Bigsby-style tailpiece

Chrome dome-knobs and switch knob

Mahogany control cavity cover

Bolt on neck with steel bushings in the neck, recessed ferrules and stainless steel torxs screws

02.jpg

Full frontal picture

03.jpg

Head (still with hand written logo, the last one before switching to decals)

05.jpg

A closer look at the body

11.jpg

Hello gorgeous!

http://www.peternaglitschluthier.com/guita...classico/12.jpg

On her back

www.peternaglitschluthier.com/guitars/ms_classico/06.jpg

The inlay

www.peternaglitschluthier.com/guitars/ms_classico/07.jpg

The pickups, Wilkinson bridge and some dust on (not in) the finish. I really should have wiped the guitar better…

www.peternaglitschluthier.com/guitars/ms_classico/09.jpg

The flame maple neck with graphite reinforcements

www.peternaglitschluthier.com/guitars/eng_morningstarclassico.htm

The main presentation page with a few more pictures.

Enjoy

Name: GSG> Grant's Spalted Guitar

This is a spalted body SG with curly maple 'wings' and padauk and bloodwood catseyes;

it has a myrtle inlaid pickguard that encloses the 5" tennon set neck;

what i call the impossible inlay is my logo (its a bassclef so has no business on the front) inlaid into the carve with birdseye maple and accents burned in

the tailpiece is olivewood, and the cavity cover is maple with an olivewood veneer;

the pickup rings are maple w/ p.h. and some kind of funky wormy veneer

1 piece maple neck

asain ebony board with maple p.h. and black veneer lams between the maple and ebony

2 duncan humbuckers wired straight to the switch with a universal tone

this was a big challenge that was mostly conquered w/ epoxy and super glue

enjoy

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

heres some more

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/lowendfuzz/christmas/

The UGLY STICK

Here we have the lovely Ugly Stick bass. LP design, Black Limba top with Maple Body/Bolt-on Maple Neck, Rosewood fretboard, MOP inlay and custom 30k, 4 magnet pickups (read: LOUD). Very simple, standard design, yet interesting look. Finished in Tung Oil with light black/blue bursting with grain showing intentionally for a very warm, bluesy (no pun intended) feel. Gibson bridge - again, very simple design (not easy to build), what else can I say? It's so ugly - it's awesome!

limbabass1.jpg

limbabass2.jpg

limbabass3.jpg

limbabass4.jpg

This is a guitar i made for my son it was finished in march 2007 .

name of guitar AB1

Brazilian mahogany neck and body

Flame queensland maple top and back

Grover machine heads

tonepros wraparound bridge with tp locking studs.

tv jones filtertron pickups classic plus in bridge standard in neck

push pull tone for out of phase sound

dimazio three way toggle switch

nitro paint

extra long neck tennon that extends all the way to the bridge pickup .

Queenland maple headstock veneer and trussrod cover.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by Maiden69

Erebus model "T" - It has been a while since I entered a guitar, so here goes. This is your basic tele made from walnut and maple. In keeping with a"green/sustainablility" theme, the body is from a plank of wood found in an old military building that was slated for demolition. It had a few knots, but I was able to work around most of them, the main one lying directly under the control cavity. Here are the specs:

3 piece curly maple neck w/ birdseye maple fretboard

American walnut 2 piece body

Grover tuners

Wilkinson compensated tele bridge

GHS pups

Gold pearl headstock inlays

Golden orange shellac finish with clear nitro clear coat over the shellac.

:D out

Greg

1DSC_0106Medium.jpg

DSC_0204Medium.jpg

3DSC_0233Medium.jpg

4DSC_0094Medium.jpg

Here are a few more pics:

Fretboard

Back of neck

Headstock inlays

Back of headstock

Full frontal

Full backside

One for the road

well, my excuse is...my girlfriend made me do it. im voting for andy's though becuase i like his more than my own

This guitar is called the Kaye Sol (as in sun for those non spanish speakers)

Specs

Neck - Hard Maple

Fretboard - Pauferro (i found out im allergic halfway through), jumbo frets, fret ends completly rounded over (ball ends?)

Bridge - Hand Made Pau ferro / ebony lamination

Body - 1 peice Hond. Mahagony

Top - Quilted Maple cap/ with matching headstock cap

Pickups - my personal favorite, Duncan Distortions

Misc - MOP Headstock Inlay, ebony jack plate, Pau Ferro TR cover, Sperzel locking tuners

This guitar was purchaced halfway through the building process, the lady who bought it didnt want it stained, and said "Make it look like i want to touch it" being slightly offended (and paranoid about my sharp edges) i got my rasp out and rounded everything except the headstock.

Just a standard oil finish with a coat of black bison wax to protect against unwanted moisture

solfrontal1fm8.jpg

solback1nm8.jpg

kayeheadstock1qk5.jpg

solfrontal2du6.jpg

Neck joint and heel

Handmade Bridge and Jackplate

Better headstock and neck picture

Build Thread

Sound Clips

Uploaded through 2shared.com, for your listening pleasure

Bridge Distorted

Bridge Strumming Clean

Neck Clean Legato runs

Middle Clean

Noodling around with harmonics clean

Neck Clean

Neck Distorted Metal \.m./

Me shredding; Neck

Thanks To Mike Rougirello for the the soundclips (minus the last one)

Kenny

Edited by Kenny

I'll throw this one in for grins and giggles... It's my goncalo alves/Cuban mahogany chambered RockBeach Cicada. I only have a couple of photos showing its insides and one finished. I had it on demo at a musician's flea market in Buffalo and this young guy was playing it Andy McKee tap style and he said it was the most perfectly responding guitar he had ever played tapping as his eyes were rolled back in his head cursing out his student loans!

GoncalaCicada3w.jpg

GoncaloCicadaDone1s.jpg

Edited by Boggs

Well... I may as well throw one up here as well!

This is my second. It is an alder back with a maple top. The neck is maple with Santos rosewood binding, inlays and head plate. The pickup rings and control knob are also santos rosewood.

The neck and all of the rosewood accents are finished in Tru-oil. The body is finished in nitro. The burst was wiped on with color tone dyes and the back of the guitar is tinted lacquer.

The tuners are Planet Wave (I love these things). The pickups are GFS...they really sound great.

IMG_0755.jpg

finishedguitar011.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg