Guitar Of The Month For December

Guitar of the Month for December  

131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I already voted boggs.

AndyT got my vote just for the finish.

Kenny I liked yours alot and would have voted but n the end I tossed a coin :D

Boggs read above.

Low end fuzz. sorry but its far to all over the place but specifically I don't like the tacked on bits on the control cavity cover (if ever there was a case for black plastic!) I have no doubt it plays better than anything I've yet to produce!

swedish luthier. same issue as I think wez had about the the shoulder looking slightly odd. but it is very classy

KPcrash Ugly?! I think not, thats my kinda bass plain and simple with huge pickups :D

Edited by joshvegas

this project was tottally a 'scrap wood specimen' and an exercise in working outside my comfort zone of bass guitars; but it is my style; its a far way from perfection and even further from impressing a wide variety of people on aesthetics, i am mostly proud of the work in progress opose to the final overall project, because it does look like a bad acid trip; but it catapulted me into the mindset that building 'guitars' is kinda fun, but the reward is definatly watching this guy shred cause my fat fingers suck at the twangers!

thanx for the positive feedback and constructive critisism;

im thinking of a strat project with same pickgaurd idea but toning down the wood selection ;so you have to be real close to see its wood and not a paint job/plastic guard; maybe a walnut body with maple inlay;

thanx again ;this was an awsome month for builds; good job kenny; thats a winner for sure!

Great month again crew! Kenny got my vote this month because when i first saw it i thought " wow now thats a sexy guitar!" Loved everything about it.

A few mentions:

Low end fuzz: Not a fan of sg's but really liked this guitar. The workmanship looks great and i actually don't mind the bits and pieces look.

RDI: Absolutely beautiful! This very nearly got my vote for the workmanship and overall build. Top job and i hope your son will love it one day!

kp: I think you were a bit harsh calling your guitar ugly! I really like your build, it kinda makes me want to play some bass. I like the slight burst!

Andy: Awesome finish mate! You were( and are) on a winner with that one.

Swedish: Another killer build mate. Your finishes and designs are really nice! Thats definately a guitar i would like in my collection.

Hydro: Im a massive fan of tele's and your is no different. Loved the old walnut you used in the body and the pearloid pickguard is a great touch. I also really liked your headstock. Don't really like fenders tele headstock apart from a tele custom deluxe with the oversized strat headstock.

I have not offered any opinions for changes with any of this months guitars because i liked them all as is!

Looking forward to next month! Happy building.

I'm curious... How many folks here just can't get a grip on Lindsey Buckingham's Turner Renaissance Model One guitars? For the record, I did not have that guitar in mind at all when I designed mine. The resemblance was pointed out to me well after I had built a few.

Did some one brought that up here? I have never seen a Model One in my live so I did a search and I see no resemblance at all with your guitar.

I'm curious... How many folks here just can't get a grip on Lindsey Buckingham's Turner Renaissance Model One guitars? For the record, I did not have that guitar in mind at all when I designed mine. The resemblance was pointed out to me well after I had built a few.

Did some one brought that up here? I have never seen a Model One in my live so I did a search and I see no resemblance at all with your guitar.

I have had more than one person tell me it reminded them a lot of the Model One... Mine has more symmetry and of course I do not have the rotating pickup mount but if you put the bottom cutaway that mine has in the Model One, there is a lot of similarity...