help lil' snorkie post section

Snork

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perfect for a bluesy jazz strat. It'll be perfect. roll back tone for strat switch it to neck alone set amp to clean boom you got yerself a decent jazz tone thats highly articulate. Ans same with blues. i can turn the distortion up and still maintain the articulation with a combo between deep tenon and direct coupling you just cant lose.

Just an idea here after reading your acrylic and heatgun idea, for another project: What do you think about plating the whole top in acrylic. Not on a 5A quilt of course, but on a more normal kind. I've got a bunch of acrylic samples today and I think a whole guit topped in translucent yellow acrylic would look unusual...

so long

ace

first off thick acrylic is expensive as all hell, almost as expensive as wood. and your tone would probably be SO muddy. it wouldnt even be funny. I'd think that an acrylic fretboard would be DEAD sexy, but then again it would scratch like all hell. thats another thing, nothing you can do but acrylic is very very soft. Seen satch playin an acrylic guitar. i think the fingerboard idea would be interesting, but ther ewould need to be some special process you could put the acrylic through to harden it. and you would want a VERY thick piece of acrylic. LGM could probably help us out

direct coupling means you press the pickups into the wood with as much of the back of the pickup touching wood as possible....

Hmmm.......do you just press the pickup into the wood with your hands and then secure with screws?

How do you account for the distance between the pup and the strings, get as close as possible and then adjust at the bridge? (im assuming the idea of direct coupling is that you dont use things like shims to raise the pickups at all)

snork dont even go there or we'll have to take it to the rant section! dave grohl is a really good engineer and musician and i highly doubt he'd play the dan armstong just for looks, and how do you know he even uses that guitar in the studio? i know he doesnt use the mesas in their, he uses a vox ac30, and uses the mesas live. so dont be bashin the foo or the foo will get ya!

meh.......... i like the foo fighters i just happened to know that acrylic is an extremely sound dampening material. www.omegamp.com www.xoxideforums.com i've worked with it for over 4 years now. completed many projects with it. I've used that propierty of it for the better sometimes but i just cannot see HOW you could get a decent sound from an all acrylic body.

meh.......... i like the foo fighters i just happened to know that acrylic is an extremely sound dampening material. www.omegamp.com www.xoxideforums.com i've worked with it for over 4 years now. completed many projects with it. I've used that propierty of it for the better sometimes but i just cannot see HOW you could get a decent sound from an all acrylic body.

meh.......... i like the foo fighters i just happened to know that acrylic is an extremely sound dampening material. www.omegamp.com www.xoxideforums.com i've worked with it for over 4 years now. completed many projects with it. I've used that propierty of it for the better sometimes but i just cannot see HOW you could get a decent sound from an all acrylic body. :D