Yes Or No

shredforbread33

http://cgi.ebay.com/CRAFTSMAN-1-14-HP-FIXE...93%3A1|294%3A50

Would it be what I need or not? Feel free to grab it if you'd like but I was just wondering if it is worth the $40? Another thing is that if it ever breaks I wouldn't have trouble finding parts for it as there are more Sears' than their are stop lights around here. Thanks!

-Marshall

I was just wondering if it is worth the $40?

NO not at $40, plus the $30 SHIPPING $70 OUCH

I was just wondering if it is worth the $40?

NO not a $40, plus the $30 SHIPPING $70 OUCH

It's only a $12 shipping to me. But no anyways?

It looks pretty old, for $40 more you can get a plunge router from sears. Too may things could be wrong with it and those are pretty much not worth fixing.

Sears Plunge $80

Don't get a craftsman: anything. Please. TTI used to be the company that made all the motors and mechanical parts for all the good craftsman tools, but recently Sears has decided to manufacture their own products. The new product from what I hear SUCKS according to TTI reps. TTI manufactures Ryobe, Milwaukee and Rigid.

That's just my opinion though.

Other than that, I would go for a plunge router, as you can set that to the correct height a lot easier, and normally plunge routers have a gauge to tell you how deep you've gone.

Don't get a craftsman: anything. Please. TTI used to be the company that made all the motors and mechanical parts for all the good craftsman tools, but recently Sears has decided to manufacture their own products. The new product from what I hear SUCKS according to TTI reps. TTI manufactures Ryobe, Milwaukee and Rigid.

That's just my opinion though.

Other than that, I would go for a plunge router, as you can set that to the correct height a lot easier, and normally plunge routers have a gauge to tell you how deep you've gone.

New craftsman stuff sucks. The old routers like pictured are decent but nothing great. A plunge router would be much better for guitar work.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about that particular router, but I will say - I used an older router for a long while - built like a rock. Got it at a yardsale for next to nothing, eventually had the motor worked on at the tool repair place in town and continued to use it for a years.

I've since bought a newer DeWalt, and I will say, I will never ever ever give up "soft start"; and it seems like even the cheaper new routers these days have that feature. Starting up a router with a larger diameter bit in an old router without the soft start feature is no fun.

I used to have a very similar router to that Craftsman, and I hated it. Depth adjustment was a huge pain and it was underpowered. Don't buy it!

Edit: Nevermind... I see you already bought a better router.

Edited by fookgub