yay i get to use the shop in school!

Elton

yo what up guys im taking production tech, and u learn work with metals and wood. and some things u do in that class is make a clock, and weld metals. i was just wondering. do u think the teacher would let me make a guitar in that class and come in after school and before school?

If so....that would kick serious ass

yo what up guys im taking production tech, and u learn work with metals and wood. and some things u do in that class is make a clock, and weld metals. i was just wondering. do u think the teacher would let me make a guitar in that class and come in after school and before school?

If so....that would kick serious ass

I'm doing the same thing, as part of "tech club"... I'm just trying to figure out what I want to build (specs-wise).

They'd probably let you do it.

mmm.. the days of school! i had cabinetmaking when i was in school! that was an awsome shop! every tool you would ever need was there! thickness sanders, planers,clamps, tablesaws, shapers, ....etc...

to bad i didnt get heavy into building until i grauated!

heck if you have access to the milling machine you could even make your own bridge!

I made a few in highschool wood shop, sold two of 'em. The shop teacher was so impressed and interested in what I was doing, he wanted to make one, but didn't know how, so I taught him! I graduated from highschool without him ever finishing the guitar. I've been in touch with him when he's needed my help at certain stages, he recently phoned me asking about installing and slotting the nut, and will be assembling the electronics portion of things in January with my help.

Have fun!

so Lex, how long has been building that guitar for?

i finished school this year, so i can't do that anymore. :D but there is a shop up the road that will do all my cuttings and planings for a small price. B) all i need now is a drill press, router, power sander and a dremel. i use my grand fathers, but only once a week only.

so Lex, how long has been building that guitar for?

I think he started it during the last half of my last year in highschool, so it's been two years because he's busy as a teacher and I am not there everyday in class to assist him, and also paying for all the materials slowed the process down.

• 2 weeks later...

i get to finish my guitar in a wood shop class too, for marks, plus i am going to build the case (coffin style, maybe??) in wood class as well, and if i was on the ball then i would have to a couple of guitar stands built up in my metal class

Curtis