Milwaukie Belt Sander

quito195

Alright so I picked up a belt sander in exchange for some work on a truck anyways problem first time I plug it in and fire it up throws the belt off so I figured gee thats standard oh well after I screwed around a little bit I figured out that you pull back on a lever that brings that unpowered metal drum back you slip the belt on and then push the lever down again and the drum goes forward so I was like ok cool fire it up again throws the belt...repeat for quite awhile so I'm not entirely sure how to get the belt to stay on help would be appreciated thanks.

There should be a tracking adjustment for the idler drum. It may be a knob near the unpowered drum that turns perpendicular to the way the belt runs so you can move one end of the drum closer or farther away to shift the belt over - or at least this is what is on my bench-top belt sander, though you should have a tracking adjustment on a hand-held belt sander.

ya, sounds like you're looking for the fine adjustment knob on the smaller unpowered drum... it's still kinda tricky to get it setup well, mine is very fussy, i have to like split the atom to get the dial in the right place... lol