Diet Vs. Regular

jmrentis

Diet Soda Vs. Regular Soda  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I challenge anyone to drink a lukewarm soda and actually enjoy it.

Haha. Man does that take me back. When I was a little kid, I loved cola at room temp, with all the fizz gone. Of course not long before that, I used to eat the ends of off match sticks (the part that burns)

Now, I drink maybe 2-4 cans of soda a year. Pretty much always mixed with alcohol. Never diet stuff though.

I had soda with Nutrasweet (aspartame) in it exactly twice. Got nasty headaches both times.

I was in the UK in 2006 and again in 2007 and was so happy to find Coke made with real sugar. SO much different than HFCS. (And I do like the stuff at less than super-chilled temperatures, with no ice. :D )

Unfortunately the HFCS lobby won -- the EU caved, and in the last couple of years they've been adding HFCS everywhere.

And-- no ****-- you can literally watch the population expand. Used to be that everyone was skinny here, especially the little kids. Nowadays there's always at least one fatty, and usually several in every group.

It's disturbing. And so obvious.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I drink about 2 per week, if I take an average over a month. I don't drink every week, but when I do, a 1.5L bottle disappears pretty fast! Also I hate diet soda, well at least Coke. Coke Zero exceeded my expectations though, it was a lot better than I imagined!

I found a non-sugar sweetener that I actually like. I've been drinking "VitaminWater 10" quite a bit lately. Not soda, but I imagine the sweetener (stevia) will be in soda soon.

Stevia's been around for awhile. I think it tastes kind of bitter though. That's probably why they don't use it. It'd taste too much different from the normal soda.

• 3 weeks later...
I love a cold coke but now mostly drink it only with bourban. Will drink a beer instead though! Please don't say anything bad about beer!

Its full of calories and gives you horrendous eyesight where ladies are concerned... I hope by 'beer' you don't mean budweiser because thats a soda in all but name!

I love a cold coke but now mostly drink it only with bourban. Will drink a beer instead though! Please don't say anything bad about beer!

Its full of calories and gives you horrendous eyesight where ladies are concerned... I hope by 'beer' you don't mean budweiser because thats a soda in all but name!

Nah not budweiser. Im in oz so that stuff isn't cheap. Beer does have calories but thats allright.

Oh the old beer goggles, been caught out with them before! haha I wish i was 18 again.

Oh god Fosters/castlemain? thats not much better! :D

I don't like lager much can you tell?

Nothing wrong with lager, per se. There are some phenomenal lager styles, most of them German in origin. Some of the US micro brew lagers are great as well (Often borrowing stylistically from those German styles). But yes, light lagers as a style are hardly worth being called beer.

Nothing wrong with lager, per se. There are some phenomenal lager styles, most of them German in origin. Some of the US micro brew lagers are great as well (Often borrowing stylistically from those German styles). But yes, light lagers as a style are hardly worth being called beer.

I just not really a fan of lager in general I prefer something a bit heavier, It is good with curry I'll admit that!

I just not really a fan of lager in general I prefer something a bit heavier, It is good with curry I'll admit that!

Ever heard of a dopplebock? There are plenty of darker/heavier lager styles. I don't know that they are too popular in the UK. with Scottish styles such as the Wee Heavy it's no surprise that the folks there are fans of darker beers. :D I've enjoyed my trips there. Wish I could find a Calder's 80 in the states. B)

There is a fairly new micro brewery in scotland called brewdog some of the the stuff they produce is bloody rediculous.

dopplebock.. never heard the term before but I know what you're talking about its slightly better but still to fizzy!