Guitar Of The Month For April

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 24th or 25th of March then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

Just found this so I'll play...

Here's my latest. Call it the Skull. Made for metal, solid body single cut with 24 frets

Body Mahogany and Quilt Maple

Neck Mahogany

Fingerboard Ebony

Skull and bones headstock inlay

Skull position markers

Skull knobs

PUPS EMG 81/85

The top is dyed grey with analine dye

Back and sides black

Finished with Target Coatings Emtech 6000 WB laquer

Thanks for looking

PICS036.jpg

DSCF1182.jpg

PICS029.jpg

DSCF1184.jpg

Alright then, what the hey! Introducing......

"Toneflow" by Ethereal Guitars

The name evolved out of a chambering design theory I came up with when working on the body. For more info on the "Toneflow" equation and some in progress build pics, have a look at 12 String Toneflow Project

Specs for this build as follows:

Body: Double Cutaway One Piece Brazilian Walnut with Toneflow chambering (32mm thick)

Top: Queensland Maple bookmatched (12mm thick)

Neck: 5 Piece Laminate of Tasmanian Blackwood, Mountain Ash and Reclaimed Tasmanian Myrtle centre. Neck has CF rods and an LMI truss rod.

Headstock: Bookmatched Queensland Maple "E" logo with serial no. on back, Angled 12 Degrees

Fretboard: Madagascan Rosewood, 24 frets, 25.5" Scale with Diamond MOP Inlays and Stew Mac Medium Fret Wire, Antique White Plastic Binding

Hardware: Gotoh Hardtail 12 String Bridge, Chrome Ferrules, Gotoh Light Weight Tuners, Handmade Bone Nut (stuff stinks!), Chrome Strap Buttons

Pickups: Matched Set of GFS "Vintage 59" Nickel Classic Alnico's. 8.5 - 8.8k on the bridge and 8 - 8.2k on the neck

Electronics: 3 Way Toggle for B, M and N options. 0.20 Tone cap. Tone pot is a push/pull enabling single coil option and Volume pot is a push/pull enabling reverse polarities. 0.01 Treble bleed cap for volume pot to maintain volume clarity and tone alll the way down

Finish: Buffed Acrylic Lacquer

Design Theory: Toneflow is a word I am using to describe the process of creating interconnecting sound chambers in the body which ultimately lead to the pickup cavities. In conjunction with a small (3mm) "air" pocket between the end of the fretboard and the neck pickup ring, string tone is able to enter the very depths of the guitar resulting in a more resonant, deep and complex tone influenced heavily by the chosen tonewoods. Can I scientifically prove it works? Of course not! But the guitar produces tones unlike anything I have ever heard before (over 20 years of playing and being a 'gear head' and about 15 electric guitar builds under the belt), the sustain is tight and rich to the very end, the brilliance of the notes is remarkable and the tone can only be described as CLASSIC.

The tonewoods chosen for this build have also contributed to the warm, creamy tones which are ably converted by the GFS pups......very impressed with these....the alnico magnets and vintage specs have provided a perfect way of presenting a lush 12 string sound which goes from bright/attack at the bridge to warm/soft at the neck. The electronics work well offering further tonal options but my favourite so far is toggle in the middle position which selects a blend of bridge and neck pups....this is so well balanced and simply adjusting the tone and volume provides enormous scope.

Weight wise, it ain't light! But it's no boat anchor either. My bathroom scales suggest it is a bit over 4kg. I have played it for I suppose 40 mins with a strap and found it well balanced and not overly tiring. It is heavier than I would want a 6 string to be though.

To all those that offered ideas and suggestions throughout the building of "Toneflow", I again thank you sincerely. And thanks to everyone else for looking.

Jon

Complete.jpg

CompleteBack.jpg

FRONT.jpg

BACK.jpg

Edited by AprilEthereal777

OK chaps im gonna be cheeky and enter this swirly pink guitar I made in November - but I only just got it finished!

between November and actually getting it completed its been my #1 player so as you can image, its already been through the mill and in and out of that proverbial transit van a thousand times and is no longer in showroom condition B)

I hope you can look past that and just appreciate it for what it is, which is basically an outrageously 80's shred machine :D

Paul Gilbert is one of my fave guitar players and I made it to take to a recent VIP lesson thing that he did while on his european tour, I got him to play it too check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KGFkwL9WWY...re=channel_page

so with this in mind im gonna call this guitar "The Pablo-Saurus Rex" - Paul Gilbert and his crazy dinosaur fetish :D

specs are:

one piece, 5 laminate maple and walnut neck with maple fingerboard and 6105 frets

basswood body

fixed bridge string thru

pink and cyan swirl with "inverted" ghost F-Holes (I know someone here hates F-Holes B) )

D Activator bridge and PAF pro neck pickups

and all the usual other basic guitar type stuff ;)

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3641.jpg

i'll enter one of my recently finished commissioned builds.

name: Finkelstein (the jewish frankenstein guitar apparently... dont ask :D)

Swamp ash body, quartersawn rock maple set neck, 25.5" scale maple board, 12" radius, Wilkinson VSVG trem, Medium SS frets, Rebel-90 pickups, Mammoth ivory nut, single Vol (1meg pot), Aluminum pguard/plates, Kluson waffleback tuners, Danish oil/wax finish.

its light and super loud, weighs a touch under 8lb which is pretty alright given whats in it.

photo19.jpg

photo20.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo16.jpg

I know I am only a few days into being on this forum, but i thought I would throw this one in. Im kinda proud of it, so I figured...What would it hurt? It is the guitar I built to commemorate my 1st year as an actual buiseness. Call it the "Zebra from hell" if you want. Nothing else comes to mind! Specs Are.... 3 piece laminated body,(Zebrawood top, Ash core, Mahogony back) Cocobolo accent stripe, 5 piece neck, maple with mahogoy stripes, Two tone Ebony fretboard. The Pickups are hand -wound by me, (11.20k Neck, and 12k ohm bridge) Controls are Master volume, Two master tones, push-pull knob for coil split,orange drop caps,Schaller bridge, Grover mini roto matics for the tuners, 25" scale, 12" radius Graphite nut Comfort carved back, and blended neck heel.

webavguit1.jpg

webavguit6.jpg

webavguit8.jpg

webavguit3.jpg

Edited by Guitars by Jake

I'll call this one Uli's

Redeemer 5 string scroll bass

fretted

34" scale

set neck

Burl maple top

mahogany core

curly maple bottom

5 laminate neck of leopard wood, marado, jatoba

Bloodwood fingerboard

gold frets

matching headstock top/bottom

Fiber Optic side markers

Matching covers

Hipshot hardware gold

Redeemer Pups, single neck, bucker bridge, exposed poles

Audere Z-mode 4 band preamp

Picture219.jpg

Picture217.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture205.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture196.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture197.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture200.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture208.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture206.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture212.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture180.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/sco.../Picture186.jpg

I'll call this one the "Mtawarira" (aka the beast).

Jayda S6f:

- It's a 6 string fretless semi-hollow bass

- Panga-panga neck with maple stringers

- Zebrano front and back with maple core

- Partial fretlines

- Aguilar preamp

- Hipshot hardware

My first effort at winding my own pickups:

I made 2 stacked humbuckers for this project (just used an electric drill, possibly the hardest thing I've ever done :D )

Piezo pickups mounted in the body with a homemade buffer circuit.

2663_86501590680_528485680_2742700_4142831_n.jpg

Still waiting on some magnets to hold the cover on at the back, so for now tape will have to do. Trying to make the cover as invisible as possible.

2663_86501595680_528485680_2742701_93207_n.jpg

2663_86501680680_528485680_2742715_532090_n.jpg

2663_86501585680_528485680_2742699_1876880_n.jpg

More pics:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5083...mp;l=6e4b9415ac

If I find time (and somehow learn how to play a 6 string fretless) I'll upload some sound clips :D

Edited by g1_

just completed this one... a natty lp

completely built from scratch including doing the custom gold inlays and doing the back control plates.

Its a spalted maple burl top that has a sweet carve, with a 1 piece mahogany back. Its a three piece maple neck with a hard maple center stripe and birdseye maple outers. Then African blackwood fretboard, head plate, control covers and truss rod cover.

Dimarzio pups and gold hardware. Guitars action is very low and plays unreal.

The finish is tru-oil and shellac with a couple of coats of wax. thinner neck profile but still has a little meat.

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

Edited by bigdguitars