I need a kahler tremolo and locknut

Elton

• 3 weeks later...
oh well is it worth it to spend that much money on kahler tremolos? are they good?

slayer uses them...give them a listen....by the way with a floyd when you pull back on the bar it brings the strings closer to the frets,meaning your action needs to be higher to compensate...kahler flatmounts do not do that,they pull the strings straight back over roller saddles

oh well is it worth it to spend that much money on kahler tremolos? are they good?

If i was building a guitar for myself to keep, and i had the choice of a free floyd rose (brand new, geniune), or a $199 Kahler, i would pay the extra for the kahler.

And yes, Wes is right. When doing wild devil worshipping dives and pull ups, the pesky fret board doesnt get in the way, because the string action hieght does not change at all, regardless of how much trem abuse you give it.

thanks!!!

there you go elton,that is the one....notice the roller saddles that the strings pull over...that is what allows it to work so well imo

those kahlers that look like floyds are,in my opinion,not any better than the floyd..they suffer from the same design flaws.

the flatmount,on the other hand,is a piece of engineering genius.mounts directly to the wood with only a shallow rout,and doesn't have edges to dull or catch.i love the design

personally i think the Kahler is a better idea design-wise; though ultimately the OFR is more reliable and customizable, it simply works better - can be used wih pretty much any string gauge and more room for adjusting intonation, i've heard of a lot of people having problems with the roller saddles, whereas there are practically no problems with old OFR's but thats just me; most of the bad Floyd publicity has come from the licensed ones (korean mystery metal that breaks after little abuse on top range Ibanez axes?)

the pull-up thing is true, but it doesnt stop Satch does it? he has insanely low action, at about 0.5mm over the 12th fret, and i cant exactly say that restricts his floyd use....

but hey both FR and Kahler are cool, whammy abuse all the way \m/

:D

Roman

ultimately the OFR is more reliable and customizable, it simply works better - can be used wih pretty much any string gauge and more room for adjusting intonation

You havent set up many 10's or 11's on floyds have you!!

I know a few VERY reputable repairers that simply refuse to fit anything heavier than 9-42 onto ANY floyd.