I need a kahler tremolo and locknut

Elton

ultimately the OFR is more reliable and customizable, it simply works better - can be used wih pretty much any string gauge and more room for adjusting intonation

You havent set up many 10's or 11's on floyds have you!!

I know a few VERY reputable repairers that simply refuse to fit anything heavier than 9-42 onto ANY floyd.

no sir, i shred with 10-46 tuned to concert pitch.

needless to say, i do all setups on my guitars myself, and i have 1 strung up with 10's and another with 11's.

the gauge change was a biscuit, but no big deal

:D

Roman

ultimately the OFR is more reliable and customizable, it simply works better - can be used wih pretty much any string gauge and more room for adjusting intonation

You havent set up many 10's or 11's on floyds have you!!

I know a few VERY reputable repairers that simply refuse to fit anything heavier than 9-42 onto ANY floyd.

don't mean to go pocking my nose where it may not belong but i play 0.013-0.056 and i still have plenty of room on my Floyd Pro

don't mean to go pocking my nose where it may not belong but i play 0.013-0.056 and i still have plenty of room on my Floyd Pro

Are you doing anything special to reinforce the posts? Hmm... do the floyd pro's have that mounting plate? I know I wrecked the wood around a OFR with 12's (lag screws in poplar body.)

nope, just the posts that came with the bridge, i'm tuned down to C though, but that doesn't affect the matter that floyd's have the intonation range capable of supporting larger guage strings.

nope, just the posts that came with the bridge, i'm tuned down to C though, but that doesn't affect the matter that floyd's have the intonation range capable of supporting larger guage strings.

Im not referring to intonation range. Im talking about broken and compressed wood around the studs, worn knife edges AND screws, stripped out claw screws, less friendly bar movement, etc etc.

oh wow i think my shop teacher will let me powder coat this kahler... that would be da shiznit. but how would i go about doing it. do i have to powder coat the thing as a whole or take parts from it and powder coat each seperatly. or should i just go with my black chrome kit idea...

cause this powercoat might cost me nothing