Entry for May 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now openĀ ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

verhoevenc

Top Carving How-to Videos

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Chris. I think that even people who would use slightly different techniques can get a lot out of the general "topographical" approach, while putting their own touches/tools to work.

Greg

Sorry boys, that's a secret I was shared and thus is not mine to give away. The double cut got flamed maple and is getting a cari-burst, the single cut got bird's eye maple.

Sorry,

Chris

You said one of the carved guitars was going to get a veneer top, but how is that possible since its already carved?

Probably with a vacuum bag and some sort of support under it so you don't crush the top under pressure, can't be too hard to figure out.

Drak, it's not difficult at all... give it a try and you'll figure it out pretty fast. It's just that it's David's technique so I wouldn't feel right giving it away since he makes money off the techniques he's developed.

Chris

Drak, it's not difficult at all... give it a try and you'll figure it out pretty fast. It's just that it's David's technique so I wouldn't feel right giving it away since he makes money off the techniques he's developed.

I understand, it's just the 'problem-solver' in me trying to figure out stuff. :D

David has done it a lot of time and he posted it here too, just do a search and you will find it! I think one of them was on the camphor topped guitar he posted.