Asbestos Roof

Dylanwad

I have mentioned before that I am possibly going to be using a coner of my parents garage for a workshop. I am a bit worried tough, the roof in the "out of the way corner" I could use is made of asbestos (old garage) and would be inches above ny head, would drill presses and bandsaws and the like vibrating cause probems with the roof? I really don't want to be breathing it! The other thing is that there is no heating and most times it's really cold in there, could this cause problems for wood and machinery?

Thanks.

I have mentioned before that I am possibly going to be using a coner of my parents garage for a workshop. I am a bit worried tough, the roof in the "out of the way corner" I could use is made of asbestos (old garage) and would be inches above ny head, would drill presses and bandsaws and the like vibrating cause probems with the roof? I really don't want to be breathing it! The other thing is that there is no heating and most times it's really cold in there, could this cause problems for wood and machinery?

Thanks.

Generally asbestos is a problem if it flakes off and becomes airborne. If your ceiling is flaky then your health is at risk.

There are many posts related to temperature and humidity in shops use the search on this forum.

The paint is a good idea. The truth is I'd rather not go any where near it! I used to be a sound man with television crues (PSC) and we ended up filming the old asylum in Denbigh one day. The place was covered in signs saying WARNING! ASBESTOS!, none of us were very happy to be there since the place is crumbling. I've been a bit weary of asbestos since then!

Would ther be enough room to work in a 6x6ft or 6x8ft garden shed?