Guitar Of The Month For May

Guitar of the Month for May  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wow, first vote!!

dayvo for the win. i like green LP's and i like the black covers with gold poles. I am never sure about gold hardware but the black and gold mix looks awesome. the wooden covers are a ncie touch that make the back look classy in a restrained way. i like it a lot!!

jaden - my second choice. i think it would have been harder to choose if you had used a richer shade of purple. as always - the contruction is spot on

avenger63 - the aesthetics of this one dont do much for me but thats just personal preference. the cutaways/ high fret access is not good. i think we have seen (and are currently seeing) much better from you

low end fuzz- i am still not sure what i think about the stripey headstocks but i really like this bass. i think its the little stripe thats visible on the front in the middle. other than thati think i would like to see a little more contrast between wood colours

chops 1983 - it looks well made but to me the shape doesnt flow very well. it seems quite boxy which is enhanced by the square edges. i reckon more carving would have made it quite interesting indeed!!

mitch - i like this take on a tele - it looks like its grown into a tele shape rather than been cut and routed in a factory. you lost me with the headstock though - on the bright side you have plenty of wood left over for a reshape. the back inlay is also confusing

DAVVO

Clearly the leader of the pack this month. The green lacewood really stands out. The flawless finish doesn't hurt any either. I like the black accents as well.

JADEN

I'm not for 7-strings. I like the way your headstock inlay resembles Foghat's logo.

AVENGERS63

:D

LOW END FUZZ

Poor pics aren't helping you any. From what I can see, it's a little dark. Like Wez said - more contrast. And I'm clear on the stripy headstock - I don't care for them.

CHOPS

It's a little off, but I can't pinpoint exactly where. I agree that the square edges don't do it any favors.

MITCH

I like the roundness, but I think it should have been even more rounded over no the edges. It seems like it's starting to slide into a great curve, then abruptly hits a corner in some places. The carved initial is a great idea. I'm sure it wasn't easy to pull off. There's nothing wrong with a 3+3 headstock on a Tele, but this one is a bit clunky. Lastly, the knobs seem to blend into the wood. Perhaps cream knobs would help that without having them really stand out too much.

I woulda voted for Low End Fuzz, except I think the laminate should have been put on the front of the headstock instead of on the back. It looks nice on the back, but the theme with the pickguard matching the headstock would have made me vote for it.

I voted Davvo's LP, because of the lacewood green. I also enjoyed reading his posts with the accent of the slack jawed yokel in his avatar.

I gotta go with low end fuzz, although I agree with the previous posts about the headstock. Would've looked nicer with the lacewood on the top. I like the understated look of the wood fret markers and pickguard.

#2 definately the Green LP. Awsome job on the finish. Not a big fan of gold hardware, but I like it here.

Great job to everyone. They all look great. Hopefully I'll have one to put up next month. Got 4 in the works!!

I voted for low end fuzz because I liked the bass the best aside from dayvo's LP and I knew the LP was going to get most of the votes. The lacewood on the headstock should have been on front though, since all of the other lacewood was on front and all of the other lamination was on the back.

I wanted to vote for Mitch but the headstock and control layout put me off. It could have used some dye, too.

Also, Avenger deserves an honorable mention for the finish on that doublecut.

Another good month lads although it was abit slim pickings!

Well done to Dayvo, that finish is great and just a beautiful guitar. Im pretty sure he will take it this month with a great build. Go Aussie!

A few mentions go to mitch for his carved logo, Looks great!

Jaden: Love the headstock and its just a really clean looking build, I do prefer p/up rings but your routs are spot on so its all good.

Avengers: I think we have totally different tastes, but it looks like another neat build.

Low end: Another killer build! I think i have seen one from you a month for like the last 6 or something. Great builds. I think someone already said about the lacewood on the headstock would have been better.

As for myself, im really pleased with the guitar for my second and i now have a semi hollow that does sound semi hollow :D It's First gig tonight!Owwwwww! :D

I wanted to vote for Mitch but the headstock and control layout put me off. It could have used some dye, too.

I did use dye. I sanded most of it off though so it just stayed in the grain.

dayvo: Very clean looking build and very nice deep shiny finish. I think it could have done with a bit more of a carve though and It would have been nice if it wasn't so heavily based on a les paul so there was a bit more originality.

Jaden: Nice build. The maple has turned out well though I personally wouldn't have chosen that colour and the head shape is a bit weird(Like mine I suppose).

avengers63: Nice top wood and I love the headstock inlay as well. I am undecided whether I like the blue or not. I don't really like the colour of the back plate.

low end fuzz: Good all round build and I really like the headstock inlay. All that browny colour just looks a bit odd. I can't put my finger on it. I think there is just a bit too much going on with all those laminates.

chops1983: Amazing guitar, Got my vote. It's kinda like a modern variation on a classic archtop design with the body shape and reverse headstock and i love it. Clean, nice wood, great finish, A lot better than my second build is! (mitch-o-caster) I would change the knobs though.

voted for JHM-7, very cool, love the purple stain.

I like avenger's curious blue too, but the top wood could be a bit darker, or the neck could be lighter. They don't seem to go together as they are.

I feel like a conformist, but I voted for the LP too. I don't love the black control covers, but that's just a beautifully executed LP clone. Nicely done!

Jadan and Low End Fuzz were super close to taking my vote. I just didn't see the skull as fitting with such a pretty 7 stringer. Minus that, it would easily have been my first choice.

On the Peanut Butter Bass I had the same thought as a few others about matching the headstock front. That would have looked better to me.

Not a lot of entries this month, but I like them all. Nice work guys!