February Guitar of the Month

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner of course will have hi/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnite EST the 24th of January then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay then...

wow! that was post 311! personally, i do believe that 311 is the greatest band in the world, so that's a big deal for me. :D

This is my first entry. I have a much better bass that should be done this weekend.

This one:

Plain Jane J bass......

Basswood Body

Maple/Rosewood neck & board

Grover tuners

Lace Sensor J bass pickups

Custom Pickguard

Steel control knobs with abalone inlay

J-Bass-1.jpg

Closeup (original image)

J-Bass-2.jpg

Closeup (original Image)

J-Bass-3.jpg

Closeup (original Image)

Edited by Brian

Sorry Bro my dialup couldn't handle it so I reduced them and added links to the originals :D

Hmm... the pictures, even though they are "smaller" screen size wise, now load much slower for me (I'm on cable modem.) The projectguitar.com pipe is feeding me about 8KB/s vs. about 76KB/s from the centurytel.net pipe.

I guess I may as well post what pics I have. I may not have the guitar any more but I'm still its creator. I hope the SOB who stole it from me gets diagnosed with AIDS and cancer all in one day. Sorry, I'm still waiting for the effects to wear off, will take a while yet. heres my entry. The guitar was a real player. I intentionally extended the fretboard out from the body so everything was fully accessible. As it was a neckthrough design I had no worries about cracking at the neck to body area like the old SG's. There was a little problem with balance as a result. But I fixed that by pouring a bit of lead into the control cavity and replaced the Grover full-size tuners with Grover minis after the pics were taken. Total weight was about the same as my '88 Strat, 8 lbs.

fa2ab258.jpg

fa2ab2b6.jpg

fa2ab26d.jpg

fa2ab270.jpg

i will get better pics up as soon as it stops raining so i can go outside...maybe tomorrow.

specs...

maple back,crotch mahogany top,tru oil finish,schaller mini tuners,emg 85....cherry neck,bocote fingerboard,graphite nut,stewmac hotrod.

plays nice...i need to level the frets.this is my first neck i ever built and the toughest project.i did all the sanding by hand :D

i am glad it is over

EDIT:i forgot to mention...set neck.and it is a 3 piece laminate with 2 carbon fibre rods on opposite sides of the truss rod