official carrieburst thread

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if you go back and read the very first thread on it, at the very beginning, I posted the basic layout for anyone who wanted to join me in building one, and that was one of them.

I'll be glad to go back and snag them and re-post if anyone needs to see the original intent of the whole thing.

Brian decided on the tutorial prize thing, that was not part of my original idea.

It might help to just go back and read the entire original post, everything's pretty well hashed out there.

it is only by a round about relation. I thought we would have 2 contests simultainiously for the same thing. But with a whole year, the only excuce for a non finished guitar is a coma. A nine month coma.

WELL WELL WELL, THE DAY HAS ARRIVED BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

:D:D:DB)B)B)B)B):D:D:D

You just signed in gents. This is pinned as the official carriburst thread, so no better place than right here!

B) Ohhhh, OK, twist my arm, I guess I'm in too! (as soon as I officially wake up)B)

B) Carmen sez HIYA AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL! B)

mirandac.jpg

Nahhh.

That idea 'was' tossed up at one point, but never really accepted by everyone as a rule. The more rules, then someone needs to enforce them, and I just want to build a Carriburst along with anyone else who wants to build one too, it's that easy. :D

well 10-4...i am on it.

just for grins i am going to post my plans.

7 string v,24 3/4" scale.

alder body

maple(duh)cap

floyd trem

dual emg 85s one volume,one tone

neck is a 3 piece mahogany,walnut,mahogany laminate with hot rod and 2 carbon fibre reinforcements.

tell you what, because i'm still building the thing (just over much more time and whatnot) i'm gonna say i'm in, but in case stuff goes wrong again, i can still have an out and just say, oh, nevermind. but i really want in, and as i said, because i'm still building, i'd like to enter it.

OK! :D

It's Jan. 3rd.

I've got the Maple.

I've got the Mahogony.

I just finalized and finished the plans an hour ago. Done.

This will a very different type of guitar than I've built in the past.

Which is what I wanted to do in the first place, use the competition to push myself past my normal 'Oh, guess I'll just do another Tele' limits.

...and you?

Everybody armed yet?

So far we have entered:

Wes

Drak

BluesPresence

Litchfield

Danno-G

Basey

Strat-Dude-Dan

Snork

Goat

Guito 195

Bingo 328

Those above have formally entered so far.

Last day to join.

Midnight tonight it's sealed.

welcome snork.... I am armed.

I have:

Flamed maple and mahogany neck woods

Flamed cherry tops....still hunting the elusive quilt.

The wife on my back

No body woods

and no hardware.

Washin dishes is sounding OK right now.