Voting for August 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
VOTE HERE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Souls inc.

Leave It As Art Or Chop Suey?

Keep it as art or chop it up for guitar wood?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But isnt it just great when you start seeing guitar bodies in every piece of wood that passes your eye? I went to the pub the other day, and found myself staring at the tables thinking "That's pretty straight grain... 2" thick, eh?"

Yeah, Im starting to do that too. We have a whole bunch of boats, and I see all this mahogony on them and Im looking at and... :D

I actually got a few good pieces that I can make necks out of. Its nice stuff. :D

Pretty sure its African Mahogany.

What have you done with the "art"?

I see that stuff all the time around here with high price tags to sell to tourists. It is really terrible. Don't understand what the tourists see in it.

There is lots better real African art around. Look out for the Ndebele art. We had a Ndebele artists finish off some of our Afri-Can Guitars and I believe Billy Gibbons has one now. Not sure how true that is though.

Keith

Pretty sure its African Mahogany.

What have you done with the "art"?

I see that stuff all the time around here with high price tags to sell to tourists. It is really terrible. Don't understand what the tourists see in it.

There is lots better real African art around. Look out for the Ndebele art. We had a Ndebele artists finish off some of our Afri-Can Guitars and I believe Billy Gibbons has one now. Not sure how true that is though.

Keith

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=43011&hl=