Blues Blaster

I found this 300 year old timber beams in a Building Iam renovating in the French Quarter,New Orleans, 4" thick and 16" wide perfect for 1 piece guitar build so here is wher I started with the Blues Blaster

601MasterBlaster009.jpg

Then I cut the shape on the band saw, its gonna be a big body like a 335n then I hand carved the top radius both ways

601MasterBlaster015.jpg

That's some cool stuff? Any of it perfectly quartered for at least 7" across? I'd be interested to see what type of acoustic top this would make. Be it a flattop or an archtop.

Cool build! I love guitars with history in them.

Chris

yeah me too see this pic with the 2 spots on the side at the belly, Thats where there was 2 steel square nails or cut nails, to me thats history, commin out of an 1814 building into a Blues Machine!! and while its hangin in the shop curin, I keep XM74 bluesville on to really pump in Da MOJO!!hahah

BluesBlaster2002.jpg

actually its a Metal building Galv-a-Lum self supporting 40'X60' has been thru 3 hurricanes, 2 of which was IVAN and Katrinia!! which passed directly over my farm, leveling timber but did nothing to my Dear Shop

Wow. That's a hardcore shop. You'll be getting contracted to commission the first luthiery on Mars soon!