Amp Head

MrValentine

i think theres a gap in the market for a good low wattage metal amp it seems most of the low watt amps are aimed at the blues/classic rock crowd. but marshal now has the haze ibanez has there tube screamer amp that looks promising, theres a few others that might be able to do what you are wanting.

i think theres a gap in the market for a good low wattage metal amp it seems most of the low watt amps are aimed at the blues/classic rock crowd. but marshal now has the haze ibanez has there tube screamer amp that looks promising, theres a few others that might be able to do what you are wanting.

Would either of those heads be suitable for small to medium gigs?

my best advise is to go down to the music store and plug one in and see for your self. but a good efficiant 4x12 cab should be pretty loud at 15 watts

here is a rule of thumb to go by here it takes 10 times the wattage to double the volume through a given cab. for example a 50 watt amp plugged in to your amp would be about twice as loud as a 5 watt amp plug in to the same cab.

For me it is more about headroom.I like to have plenty of headroom,so I play 100 watt amps through two 4 by 12s and just keep the volume down...I like the sound when the power section is not being pushed too hard.

wes i always wondered why you insisted on so much power. it makes since now.