• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYJ- It turns "on" and "off" via the two thumbscrews.

It differs from the TremSetter in that it does NOT bring you back to "zero" if you break a string. The Tremol-No will NOT cure any tuning/floating issues you might currently have with your trem. It is simply designed to lock and unlock your trem. It will, however, work with a TremSetter.

Imagine this ultimate setup:

TremSetter

D-Tuna

Tremol-No

Floating bridge tuning heaven.

Hello,

I've been using the Tremol-No for about 4 or 5 months. It has literally saved my ass on more than a few gigs.

A short story: I was playing a fusion gig and in mid tune I busted a D string. The bass player noticed this and then totally bugged out (including a few ugly "passing tones" lol) when he saw/heard my guitar had not fallen out of tune...(he knows all about the pitfalls of floating trems and broken strings/ tuning). He approached me after the tune and could not form a question- Bassist: "Now.......I saw/heard you using the whammy bar........then I saw you break a string.......you didn't go out of tune.......ummm...how?......ummm.....err........ummm..... how the hell did you pull that off?"

My reply: "I unlocked the Tremol-No, I used the bar......I locked the tremol-no (luckily), I happened to break a string and the Tremol-No held the guitar in tune."

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask away.

I eat guys like Paul Gilbert for breakfast, and right now I'm *very hungry*...")

LMAO, hehehe...

Sounds great, can't wait to get one in my hot lil' hands.

I'm not one for every new gimmick that comes along every year, ...my 'newest' amp is a '76, but this I will buy and try.

PS, what's the ballpark retail gonna be? :D

Tremol-No is a registered trademark of Tremol-No, LLC

Bigsby is a registered trademark of Bigsby Accessories

Fender is a registered trademark of Fender Musical Instruments, Inc.

Ibanez is a registered trademark of Hoshino-Gakki Ltd., Japan

Kahler is a registered trademark of American Precision Metalworks

Parker is a registered trademark of Parker Guitars

Steinberger is a registered trademark of Gibson Guitar Corporation.

Wilkinson is a registered trademark of Gotoh

Wonderbar is a registered trademark of Washburn International.

Paul Gilbert is just plain cool.

:D That was funny!

Any ideas on the price?

I'm glad you guys enjoyed my little chunks of humor in an otherwise all-business site. There's nothing like combining a line from "Commando" with an old school PG/Ibanez ad for one big laugh. LOL

For the record, I left Paul's at the LACS for him to pick up. It was an early b-day present. :-P I'm not sure if he's put it in yet or not. We'll see....

I have NO CLUE as to MSRP or street/FleaBay prices on these. I'll toss out a HUGE guess and say more than $5. :-)

There is no Tremol-No booth at NAMM (unless one of you wants to give me the $2500 necessary for their smallest display space, 10' x 10'). Showings/demonstrations will be by invite-only at our hotel suite. Don't expect pics/video of Ed Roman from the Tremol-No suite. :-)

wow, kudos man. you rock, i would love that option. i have a wolfgang, and love the d-tuna, but wish i could go up also. i also have a couple of jems, and don't play them as much because i've grown accustomed to resting my hand on the bridge. when you get a price, post it here, you'll have a customer.

i think if you made it $40.00(us) and found a way to market it like the d-tuna, you will be a rich man.

man that rules!!!!!! :D

I wish I could get you guys a price, but I can't. That'll be up to whomever picks up a license to manufacture the Tremol-No. The pricing and marketing (and all other retail/sales aspects) are up to them. I'll gladly post who purchases a license, but you'll have to go through them to pick one up.

There's a reason patience is a virtue. :-)

bummer, if you ever have onee just sittin' around and lookin' for a home in a floral jem, give me an email. :D

Darren-

Thanks for the suggestions. Those are already in the works.

A template (PDF file) for the back plate access hole will be available on the site soon. Print it, line it up, break out the Dremel. :-)

Here's a pic of what they'll kinda look like:

http://jemfest.com/misc/kevan/finncover1.jpg

I did that one for Jon Finn. Now that he has his 2nd Tremol-No, I gotta cut him another one. Whew...this is tough work. LOL