I have been using mine for a few months and think it is great!!

My band had been doing a few drop-D tunings and I was having to take two guitars to the studio but with the tremol-no on I just needed to take my swirl and switch between fixed bridge drop D and floating standard tuning B)

Plus at gigs I could switch tunings very quickly and not have to unplug and change guitars!

Sometimes I think the guitar sounds better with drop-D and a fixed bridge!! :D

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYJ- It turns "on" and "off" via the two thumbscrews. 

It differs from the TremSetter in that it does NOT bring you back to "zero" if you break a string.  The Tremol-No will NOT cure any tuning/floating issues you might currently have with your trem.  It is simply designed to lock and unlock your trem.  It will, however, work with a TremSetter.

Imagine this ultimate setup:

TremSetter

D-Tuna

Tremol-No

Floating bridge tuning heaven.

Oh, ok. So it's like the HipLock but without having to put an ugly wart on the face of your guitar B). Hmm... looking again at that HipLock, it looks like it wouldn't work on a recessed floyd... not without recessing it too. :D

Yes, I like the design better... nothing showing on top, no extra drill holes (I think.)

Very cool!

Guest AlexVDL
This is the first formal announcement of the Tremol-No.

My name is Kevan Geier, and I'm the inventor of the Tremol-No.

http://www.tremol-no.com

http://www.tremolno.com

(NOTE: The site is constantly being updated)

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'll get them answered as best I can.

Hi Kevan, I want one, so sign me up for the new load B)

It's looks like a cool device, and I MUST have it!! :D

PLease let me know when they're available. :D

Oh, ok. So it's like the HipLock but without having to put an ugly wart on the face of your guitar :D. Hmm... looking again at that HipLock, it looks like it wouldn't work on a recessed floyd... not without recessing it too.  ^_^

Yes, I like the design better... nothing showing on top, no extra drill holes (I think.)

Very cool!

It's *way* better than the HipLock, in both form and in function.

Also, with the Tremol-No there is NO DRILLING, NO ROUTING, NO SANDING, NO SCREW HOLES, and NO DOUBLE-STICK TAPE. No mods to your guitar at all. Be sure to check out the FAQ on the site.

GE- You're the inspiration behind the "patience is a virtue" post. :-) Your unit will be at your door within the next two weeks (before NAMM).

yeah i'm really looking forward to buying one. are you going to be selling off of your website?

Let's try to clear this up once and for all:

1. I am ***NOT*** selling Tremol-No units.

2. I am selling *LICENSES TO MANUFACTURE* Tremol-No units.

I don't have units for sale. I won't be selling any.

The people that have them currently are testing them out. I picked them because I felt they would really put the unit thru it's paces and would get me 104% honest feedback on whatever issues might arise.

If you want to buy one, you'll have to wait for whichever manufacturer buys a license and starts producing these, then releases them to the public.

I don't have units for sale. I won't be selling any.

The people that have them currently are testing them out. I picked them because I felt they would really put the unit thru it's paces and would get me 104% honest feedback on whatever issues might arise.

I'm getting one because I told him he strings his guitars like a girl :D

Thanks for all the kind words guys. You're much more optimistic and open-minded than SOME PEOPLE on that OTHER SITE. :-) I'll do my best to bring you the stuff as quickly as I can.

I did a site update this morning. Some new pics for the front page, and a new parts drawing for the Tremol-No Classic. I also put up the Spec Sheet. I'm still workin' on transfering them over to PDF (what a pain in the ass that program is!).

I will also have PDF's of the cavity cover plates for "super strat" 6 & 7 strings, as well as "vintage" covers, with Tremol-No access holes. The CAD drawings look GREAT. I wish the PDF's looked as good. :-) Oh well, soon enough.

On a funny note, I got a "video quote" from Big Bad Bob Oakman. It's absolutely fantastic, but about 27MB. We'll work on getting it down to a normal size then I'll have it up on the site.

Oh, and I get the product shots back from the photographer tomorrow. I'll get the slides turned into some nice photos and scan them for you guys. The guitar used for the shoot was my Ibanez RG-ART. I can't wait to see these! WooHoo!

Cross your fingers....NAMM is comin' up real soon....

best of luck. i really hope this makes you filthy rich... and not just because i want one. hope it goes well at namm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Sorry for the delay; had a little NAMM thing to do. :-)

Updates:

- More quotes from kickass players (Jon Finn, Eric Sands, etc).

- Cavity cover templates (NOT TO SCALE!) in the Support section

- Spec Sheet has some additions.

Just so everyone knows: Acrobat is a complete waste of time unless you're looking to take ASCII (not even Word docs or Publisher files) and make them PDF. Forget about inserting an image then being able to re-size it. Forget about importing formats other than ASCII. Copy & Paste? Don't even think about it. The interface is also very difficult to navigate, well, unless you're in the 3rd grade. $550 for that? I don't think so. Completely worthless.

Don't expect to see any PDF's on the site. HTML is much more readable, editable, printable and cheaper.

I have the shots back from the photographer, but they're HUGE. I'll put one up here:

http://jemfest.com/misc/kevan/Tremol-No-Wh...WhiteHoriz1.jpg

That's the photo from the press kit.

Here's a fun one my buddy Iain did for me:

http://jemfest.com/misc/kevan/T-N.gif

Oooo...spinner!

More updates here as I do them there!

i got to admit, at first i wasn't crazy about the idea, but now that i see it, i kinda like it, especially with the 2 tightening screws, and they're position is great!!! looks like it would make activating and de-activating the system a snap! hey there's an idea, some kind of quick switch instead of 2 fine tuner style tighening knobs??

my only concern is that that you can't use the V shaped spring orientation that some people do prefer, any thoughts on that?

can you give us any info on who we can expect to be making these? schaller? gotoh? and what if any materials are you suggesting the unit be made from?

Just so everyone knows:  Acrobat is a complete waste of time unless you're looking to take ASCII (not even Word docs or Publisher files) and make them PDF. 

Kevan, if you're using Windows, try PDF Factory from FinePrint. It sets up as a Windows printer, and converts printer output to a PDF file, so you can convert directly from any program that allows you to print. Output appears to be every bit as good as Acrobat. They've got a free download version, might be worth checking out.