That Richard Simmons joke was good too. Wish I remembered it. Oh well.

The Tremol-No is designed to let you LOCK and UNLOCK your trem. I didn't design a "dive only" feature into it.

Why not? Well, most trems are either built to the guitar that way, or setup by the owners that way. The duty really falls on the guitar or guitar owner on what they want their trem to do.

Locked or unlocked. That isn't the question; it's the answer. :-)

BTW- I just got pics of a Tremol-No Classic (formerly the Vintage) installed in a *minty* PRS Custom22 (the nice set neck one). The guy is running 4 springs and told me it works like a champion. He's absolutely in love with it. Oh, and it installed with NO drilling, routing, sanding, pilot holeing or any other mods. Almost brought a tear to my eye....

:-)

Licensing is underway with a HUGE company here in the US. We're still shooting for that Summer NAMM debut...but you know how time S_L_O_W_S down when attorneys get to talking....LOL. We're goin' as fast as we can.

Also, Tremol-No Classic test units shipping this week/weekend and Monday/Tuesday.

Wha? Who? Huh?

Yep. Finally.

[EDIT]- Repaired guitar model name. Silly me; it wasn't the $1800 one, it was the $3000 one.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. You have to tighten/loosen both screws to lock/unlock, respectively. One screw will work in a pinch, but two is HIGHLY recommended.

Ahh...now I remember the joke:

PW: Does [butch's trem] float?

KG: Like Richard Simmons watching a Bowflex commercial.

:D

looks mighty good! soory if this has been answered before, but does it work with wilkinson trems? Not being a much of a trem user my self, but putting a wilkinson on my project, it would seem rational to beable to lock up the trem for me. thanks

I thought the FAQ on the Tremol-No.com site was clear about this. Apparently not.

I guess I have to do a really longass list of the trem systems it *will* work on. Might as well start here:

Fender/Vintage 6-screw

Fender/Vintage 2-post

OFR, Gen.1

F.Rose, Gen.2

F.Rose, Gen.3

F.Rose Low Versions

F.Rose Speedloader

TRS

TRS-101

LO-TRS

Wilkinson/Gotoh

Hipshot

PRS trems

Driskill trems

Parker P-Series

Kahler fulcrum-type trems (all)

Kahler Killer

Kahler Spyder

Kahler 2700 Series (all)

Ibanez Edge

Ibanez LoPro Edge

Ibanez Double Edge

Ibanez Edge Pro

Ibanez Edge Pro II

Schaller -All versions, except LesPaul style.

The basic rule is: If you've got springs in the back, it'll work on that guitar.

If you have some freaky trem, email me with some pics and I'll let you know if it will work with it or not.

If you folks can think of other trem systems that I might have left out, post here and I'll continually update this list.

UPDATED 4.27.04 12:55AM EST

• 4 weeks later...

More updates for you folks, and a BONUS!

Installation instructions are now online, in the Support section. Because absolutely nothing on the planet is compatible with Publisher 2004 (including Kinko's), I had to do it from scratch in HTML. Excuse the basic-ness of it. I have a 300KB+ JPEG of the original Pub. file that might also go up. We'll see.

There are a few more quotes up in the Endorsees section. Jay Ratkowski's full-blown review will be linked to this evening sometime.

I sent out THIRTEEN Classic units last week. Everyone from GE Jones to Albert Lee to Tony MacAlpine. I hope to get a few more reviews from those folks really soon.

I'd also like to drop a big ol' shout-out to KrazyDerek. When I started this whole thing I wasn't sure if folks were into turning their floaters into 'dive only', so I just stuck with the simple "on or off" concept. There is, however, an accessory for the Tremol-No that *does* allow you to turn your full-floater into a dive-only trem. The licensees haven't been too keen on it, but I keep seeing more and more posts around the 'net asking for that ability. Derek brought it up again recently, and so......

The accessory is called the Deep-C. It works with the Tremol-No and allows the trem to be set up as 'dive only'. This adjustment can also be done in 2 seconds, just like the main locking/unlocking of the Tremol-No itself. It's an option, so you can put it on or take it off whenever you want, still with no modification to the guitar or the Tremol-No unit.

If you guys were looking for a dive-only feature, you can thank Derek for having me pull it out of the closet and mention it. We'll see if the licensees want to include it with the units, or make it available somehow. I'll keep you folks updated.

Now, if these damn attorneys would finish with all their mumbo-jumbo....heh heh....

Hey, Kevan, can MS Publisher output a PDF file?
You're kidding, right?

If not, and you can at least print it to a PostScript file, i can make a PDF of it for you. It'll be clearer (and likely smaller) than a JPEG.
Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind.

You can also convert online here: https://createpdf.adobe.com
1. I don't have an Adobe ID.

2. I get enough **** in my mailbox already without Adobe sending me tons more ****. :-)

Publishing is one area where Microsoft doesn't dominate.
I'm so anti-Adobe right now, it's not even funny. No PDF's on the site (for now).

If folks can't get HTML or JPEG, they shouldn't be online anyway. :D

Heh. Spitting out a PDF should be pretty core functionality for any publishing package these days. But i'm sure Microsoft has their own proprietary portable document format that they're going to force down everyone's throats sooner or later, as it will no doubt come pre-installed as an "integrated" part of the OS.

I've been an Adobe customer for years (with an Adobe ID) and they've never sent me anything i didn't ask for.

Low-resolution JPEGs or GIFs make for lousy instruction manuals if you want to print it out. B)

There are a few third-party PDF printing solutions for Windows.

Oh, and don't try and take anything higher than an Acrobat 4 PDF to Kinko's... they haven't even upgraded their loadsets to include Acrobat 5 reader yet. :D

Can we not talk about Kinko's please? I had a nightmare with them in LA at NAMM. Ugh.

I'll work on the PDF thing a little more. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the tips, Darren.

I took some quick pics tonight for you guys. I pulled out the Deep-C and put in on the Tremol-No in the RG-ART...

http://www.tremol-no.com/images/P4250016.JPG

...and the other is me doing my best Forsberg impression. :D

http://www.tremol-no.com/images/P4250017.JPG

Sorry I didn't drop the size or crop them. I just did them real quick about 30 min. ago.

• 2 weeks later...
There is, however, an accessory for the Tremol-No that *does* allow you to turn your full-floater into a dive-only trem.

i'd buy a half-dozen of them if it'll do dive only.

*cough.. told ya so, told ya so, told ya so... cough* :D

There is, however, an accessory for the Tremol-No that *does* allow you to turn your full-floater into a dive-only trem.

That makes a lot more sense to me. I might buy something like that, but I would never buy one that totally locks the trem. In fact, my present trem is blocked for dive-only. That "accessory" would allow me to have it floating for the few instances that I desire it to be.

Yeah Derek, ya told me so. You also told the rest of the guitar world so. Cheers to you, my man.

Here are some pics for you guys:

Tremol-No Classic with Deep-C

Tremol-No Standard with Deep-C

Deep-C Accessory

I've updated the look a little (smoother, sleeker). For now, it locks in place with a set screw. This *might* be changed to a thumbscrew or T-handle screw for quick on/off.

Hey Scott! Good to see ya over here man!

Am I mistaken or does the Deep-C allow you to switch between full-lock and dive-only? I thought the idea was to be able to instantly switch between dive-only and full-float. That way, you could have the stability of dive-only with the constant availability of diving, and you could unlock the free-floating only when required. I don't know about other guitarists, but that seems like the most practical option to me.

Am I mistaken or does the Deep-C allow you to switch between full-lock and dive-only? I thought the idea was to be able to instantly switch between dive-only and full-float. That way, you could have the stability of dive-only with the constant availability of diving, and you could unlock the free-floating only when required. I don't know about other guitarists, but that seems like the most practical option to me.

deep c = accesorry for tremol-no alowing to engage detune only

tremol-no it's self = locking and unlocking the actual unit