Entry for November 2018's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
ENTER HERE!

toddler68

Third Build - Double (neck) Trouble

Wow, that back....it feels wrong to like any one feature more than another....then you notice something else....!

Bit of a long haul this one, but the result says it all. It just HAS to go into the first GOTM of 2016!

Yeah, people really love the curly purple top, but then I flip it over and get a whole new reaction. It has certainly been a long haul, but I'm really pleased with result. I don't think I'll ever do another double neck though - it's just a little too much work for not much more reward. I will definitely enter the GOTM for January though!

WOW!
How's the space between the two headstocks for tuning? I've seen double necks that are parallel, and some that are angled out a little maybe for headstock access or balance?

On January 1, 2016 at 10:16 AM, komodo said:

WOW!
How's the space between the two headstocks for tuning? I've seen double necks that are parallel, and some that are angled out a little maybe for headstock access or balance?

Headstock spacing leaves  just enough clearance for tuning either neck. The necks are actually angled out slightly... 2 degrees maybe?

I'll see what I can do about a video soon, but right now I have a conundrum - I may have lost the buyer for this guitar.

Anybody in the market for a completely custom purple double neck guitar? :unsure:  

I wish. She's a beauty. The buyer's loss, I say.

Did you ever GOTM this guitar? I think she's got more than a fighting chance. If it wins, I'll happy make note that she's available. We don't do advertising as such, however this would be acceptable....simply as a referral.

Now that it's done, I'll probably submit to GOTM when I get around to taking some decent photos. Thanks for the referral offer; I will definitely consider it.

Such a shame that the buyer might back out - I hope a decent deposit was paid :)

Fabulous guitar & excellent workmanship!

A newbie chiming in here. This guitar is everything I strive one day to be able to make. What an incredible piece of art work. I suspect I have a few decades before I get to this level of craftsmanship. To naach work.

Stunning on so many levels....

I am in complete awe over the build quality and also just the choice of woods colours - love the logo.

I am in hyper-awe that the discussion of the logo started in 2010.  I was a young bloke back then.  Now I'm an old git! :)

Please, please do enter it in GOTM!  Mind you, I'm now not going to enter anything until you have already done it and won it  :lol:

• Like 1

Did you ever make some good pictures of this guitar ? Would like to see this in full glory. A top may be to get a light tent for easy and shadow free photography. I see many guitars that then at the end not get the pictures that shows their real beauty and this is such an easy way !

I not sell this and no commission but have a look at

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301836830675?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Great guitars deserve the best players and pictures also !!!!!

And these light tents are a first step to make better pictures.  People here are good in building beautiful guitars so this is an easy tool to do something about those bad pictures........................

If people are wanting to go that extra mile to showcase them, definitely. Very useful for ensuring that specular highlights and reflections and bright too, especially off tuners, hardware and finishes.